Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hebrews 10 B

Hebrews {10:15}[Whereof] the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for afterthat he had said before, {10:16} This [is] the covenant that Iwill make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I willput my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I writethem; {10:17} And their sins and iniquities will I rememberno more. {10:18} Now where remission of these [is, thereis] no more offering for sin.
*The Holy Ghost is witness to us.
This is the covenant that I will make with them...
I will put my laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them.
If something is in your heart and mind then it's safe to say it's in your very life, your day to day life. When we don't have anything on our mind we certainly aren't thinking about anything. When we don't have something in our hearts it's not our passion. When we do have something on our mind we are thinking of it and if it's in our heart it's our great passion. Having something put into your heart and mind encompasses all of your cognitive, emotional being. From our thoughts we have our actions, our way of life. If I'm passionate about my family then my actions will show that, won't they? If I'm absorbed in my job likewise my actions will reveal that. If I'm totally selfish and completely obsessed with seeking out pleasure and good times wherever I can find them, you know that the way I act will reveal such a thing.
1 Chron. {29:17} I know also, my God, thatthou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. As forme, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offeredall these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people,which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee. {29:18}O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers,keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of theheart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee
*David's prayer. 'Keep this forever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, prepare their heart unto thee.'
Proverbs {3:1} My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keepmy commandments: {3:2} For length of days, and long life,and peace, shall they add to thee. {3:3} Let not mercy andtruth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write themupon the table of thine heart: {3:4} So shalt thou find favourand good understanding in the sight of God and man.
*write them on the table of thine heart
Psalms {119:80} Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.
Psalms {51:10} Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spiritwithin me.
{57:7} My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing andgive praise.
*We need God's laws in our hearts, in our minds, our lives. The laws need to be real to us as we live our day to day lives.
{10:17} And their sins and iniquities will I rememberno more. {10:18} Now where remission of these [is, thereis] no more offering for sin.
*Through Jesus and only Jesus can we be given a heart and mind filled with all that He is, a heart that doesn't need burnt offerings, that doesn't need animal sacrifices to seek the forgiveness we need. One day all our sins will be forgotten, covered by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ our Savior. He is the only offering for sin and His death is sufficient for all.
{10:19} Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter intothe holiest by the blood of Jesus, {10:20} By a new andliving way, which he hath consecrated for us, through theveil, that is to say, his flesh; {10:21} And [having] an highpriest over the house of God; {10:22} Let us draw near witha true heart in full assurance of faith, having our heartssprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washedwith pure water. {10:23} Let us hold fast the profession of[our] faith without wavering; (for he is faithful thatpromised;) {10:24} And let us consider one another toprovoke unto love and to good works: {10:25} Notforsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as themanner of some [is;] but exhorting [one another:] and somuch the more, as ye see the day approaching. {10:26} Forif we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledgeof the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,{10:27} But a certain fearful looking for of judgment andfiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.{10:28} He that despised Moses’ law died without mercyunder two or three witnesses: {10:29} Of how much sorerpunishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, whohath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath countedthe blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, anunholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
*Hold fast. Believe. Provoke each other to good works. Without faith we cannot be saved.
Heb. {11:6} Butwithout faith [it is] impossible to please [him:] for he thatcometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is arewarder of them that diligently seek him.
*We have to believe that we will be saved by Christ. We can't turn our backs on the Holy Spirit, we can't turn our backs on the truth that is found in Christ, that He and He alone is able to save us from our sins. We have to keep looking to Him always. If we look to ourselves we will never be saved.
Under the old covenant men were taken and killed when they defied the laws of God. Under the new covenant men will suffer eternal death if they do not accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for them. Despising the Holy Spirit which is full of grace and mercy, believing the blood shed by God's only Son meaningless and of no importance, no good, unholy... only eternal death waits for those.
May the Lord God bless and keep us now and forever by the grace and mercy of His Son Jesus Christ our Savior, through the power of the Holy Spirit may we through faith in Jesus live in His truth, with His laws written on our hearts and minds.
Amen.

No comments: