Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A prophecy- 'I will come again.'

John
{14:1} Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
{14:2} In my Father’s house are many mansions: if [it were] not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
{14:3} And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.


A prophecy- 'I will come again.'


John
{3:14} And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up
{3:15} That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
{3:16} For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


A prophecy- 'Everlasting life.'
A prophecy- 'Eternal life.'


Mark
{10:28} Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
{10:29} And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or
mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s
{10:30} But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
{10:31} But many [that are] first shall be last; and the last first.


A prophecy- 'Many that are first shall be last, and last first.'
A prophecy- 'And in the world to come eternal life.'


Predictions!


John
{6:54} Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
{6:55} For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
{6:56} He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
{6:57} As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
{6:58} This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.


A prophecy- 'I will raise him up at the last day.'
A prophecy- 'He that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.'


*******

A prophecy predicts the future and eternal life is a life being lived forever. Do any of us have that reality? We are taught we only live for so long and that's that and everything else is supposition. The truth is we can have eternal life, our lives will be lived forever - we have an endless future.


It is predicted that once Jesus comes again that our eternal lives will begin without sin. We that are living will be raised up and changed, the dead in Christ- those who have died and are sleeping in the earth will be raised up and changed.


The prediction of the future is important. Some people spend a lot of money trying to get their future predicted. Some people are only concerned with this life here and now.


Prophecies in the Bible are renowned. History has verified that Biblical prophecy is undeniable. If we believe in one small bit of the proven prophecies it only holds to reason, it is only logical, that the rest will be true.


Eternal life is in our futures if we believe in Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made to save us, if we are born again spiritually. If we remember Jesus died and lives for us, if we holdfast to that fact we will have a future, an eternal life with Him.


The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy. We must have the testimony of Jesus, and keep God's commandments, the two of them mingled together into perfection offered to us who are far from perfect. Through the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ our Savior, may our lives be lived in Him now and forever.


Amen.

No comments: