Wednesday, August 5, 2009

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness

1 Cor. {1:18} For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the
power of God.


The power of God is found where? In the cross.


Ro. {1:16} For I am not ashamed of the
gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to
every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the
Greek. {1:17} For therein is the righteousness of God
revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall
live by faith.


Ro. {1:24}
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,
Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.


Christ is the power of God. Jesus dying for us and being resurrected by God is the power of God. Who could have resurrected Jesus from the dead but God? None. Only God had the power to resurrected the dead Christ. Jesus when he preached and wrought miracles for the three and a half years of His ministry preached it and wrought the miracles through God. Jesus even said -


John {5:19} 'Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.'



John {8:28} Then said Jesus unto
them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye
know that I am [he,] and [that] I do nothing of myself; but
as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. {8:29}
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me
alone; for I do always those things that please him.


God- the power of God. Those that are saved will know that the cross is the embodiment of God's power. God is revealed to us through His Son.


There is nothing greater than the power of God, nothing!


To those that perish they won't care about the power of God found in the cross, to them it is foolishness.


We have no power of our own this is the message of the cross. No power to save ourselves whatsoever. Whenever we get it in our heads that we are losing salvation because we aren't good enough, trying hard enough, that our sins are too many, too binding, too overwhelming we have to remember salvation isn't something we'll EVER be good enough for. We could NOT save ourselves that power is in the cross through the sacrifice of our Savior, God's Son, Jesus Christ!


Holding fast to the cross, clinging to the cross needs to be real to us because it represents all that has been done on our behalf. It is a forever reminder of our helplessness and Christ's Righteousness which we must understand is ours through Him. He presents His sacrifice on our behalf, His righteousness. He doesn't stand before the Father and say... She/He was good- but rather through faith they believe I can save them through my righteousness. They believe in me, and in believing in me they believe in Your power, the believe in You.


May God bless and keep us in that faith that we need so desperately to please Him. I cry out as a man of old- Lord I believe! Help thou my unbelief!


While Satan tries his hardest to get us to look inward at our unrighteousness and to take our eyes from the cross, we must cling ever tighter to it, ever tighter!


By the mercy, the grace, the love of Jesus Christ may we be found righteous in HIM and HIM alone, not with any bit our ourselves, only, always Him!


Amen.

No comments: