Friday, November 6, 2020

Let Me Be Among Your Beloved.

 Heal my backsliding, Lord, please. Love me freely!  Please, let me be among your beloved now and always! 


I know this for a fact- You so loved this world You gave Your only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ. If we believe in Him we won't perish, we will have life, everlasting life. This is YOUR promise to us.  John 3:16 a very well-known verse of scripture.  


I  believe in Him, help me to believe! 


*******


Rom_1:7  To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.


(Excerpt- E.J. Waggoner)


"Beloved of God." 


That was a most comforting assurance that was given "to all that are in Rome." How many people have wished that they could hear an angel direct from glory say to them what Gabriel said to Daniel,  "Thou art greatly beloved"! 


The apostle Paul wrote by direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and so the message of love came as directly from heaven to the Romans as it did to Daniel. The Lord did not single out a few favorites by name, but declared that all in Rome were beloved of God.


Well, there is no respect of persons with God, and that message of love to the Romans is ours as well. 


They were "beloved of God" simply because "God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16. 


The Lord hath appeared of old unto me,  saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee." Jer.  31:3. 


And this everlasting love to men is not shaken, although they forget it; for to those who have turned away,  and fallen by their iniquity, he says, "I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely." Hosea 14:43.


 "If we believe not, yet He abideth faithful; He can not deny Himself."


(Ro. 1:7,Dan. 9:23, Ro. 2:11, John 3:16, Jer. 31:3, Hosea 14:4, 2 Tim. 2:13)

No comments: