Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In thee O LORD do I put my trust

Beautiful.


Psa 71:1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.


In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust.


This is where our trust belongs, not in ourselves, not in each other but in the LORD. Inevitably when we put our trust in others and ourselves that trust is broken. Do you think it strange that I say putting our trust in our self- ends up with a broken trust? We don't betray ourselves do we? All too often we really do. All too often we'll be filled with regret over something we've done and that's usually the result of breaking a trust we have in ourselves to do or not do something. When we sin and are filled with the regret of that sin - we've broken a trust we WANT to be able to have in ourselves. Is it any wonder Paul could say this--


Rom 7:19 For the good that I would
I do not
but the evil which I would not,
that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not,
it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law
that, when I would do good
evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members,
warring against the law of my mind
and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am!
who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God;
but with the flesh the law of sin.


Oh wretched PEOPLE that we are!


Paul did NOT want to sin but He couldn't trust Himself! There was only one person He could trust and that was JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD!


We CANNOT trust ourselves!!!! I can't emphasize it enough, I just can't.


In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust.


Our trust has to be put in the LORD and NO WHERE else!


You hear all the time that we are supposed to trust ourselves, or trust another. People will say those words right to our faces- trust me. Vows are taken where trust is pledged eternally- till death parts people. Promises are made even by the young as they look into the eyes of their parents vowing to behave, honestly meaning they will and then a short while later the parent is looking on in disappointment and the child is bewildered by their inability to behave. The trust is broken and if you've never seen the eyes of a young child as they are scolded and filled with dismay by their own actions, you've not seen the results of broken trust. It's my hope that you haven't seen the dark, deep disappointment in one you've betrayed or the awful betrayal in the eyes of one who's betrayed you. We let people down all the time and we let ourselves down, people let us down too, and we let God down, BUT God will NEVER let us down.


I know, I know most people will tell me I'm wrong, that God lets people down ALL the time. Well, they're WRONG. God thinks and acts on an eternal level beyond our comprehension. While we are lamenting what we believe is God letting us down, it's God looking out for us - for our eternal life. We might not get all we want- even of worthy things. Our life might be filled with torment and pain from the day we are born. We might be born so deprived, in the worst of poverty, in the most awful of conditions where all we ever know is hunger and pain but GOD is not letting that person down. Suffering for all it's horrific and on levels I've never had to experience, is temporary. If suffering lasts for 75, 80 years it is still TEMPORARY to ETERNITY. If the worst of the worst we can ever imagine happens to us or those we love and it seems as if the pain is going on endlessly, never endingly and death is longed for, desired more than anything else- it is temporary to eternity in God.


God is our everything! God must be our TRUST in all things. Do we have to like it? NO. We don't have to like when we are called to endure awful things, but we have to accept that there are reasons we can't comprehend and God will prevail in our love as long as HE is our trust.


Easy to say, hard to do. People would call such blind faith, such trust, incredibly stupid and naive. And Satan wants people to believe that, He revels in such belief that faith is stupid. It is ONLY by the grace of God that we can have that trust.


We need to PUT our trust in God and NO WHERE ELSE.


Does this mean that I believe we are to go around mistrusting everyone? No. It means that our full trust can never be place anywhere but in Christ. We can still trust others but know that they can break that trust at any time. We don’t want to imagine loved ones breaking our trust but it happens all the time in many, many ways.


This is my prayer…


In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion.


Please Lord let us not be put to any confusion, or shame, let us KNOW that our trust needs to be in YOU, always in YOU eternally!


By YOUR grace Lord, by YOUR love, all in YOU!


Amen.

No comments: