Monday, August 27, 2012

His Existence at Stake

Our Savior,  the ONLY Mediator between God the Father and Mankind, the One who paid our ransom through the Sacrifice of His life, and of His possible existence--

Yes, through the Sacrifice of His possible existence.

Do you comprehend that?

God with God from everlasting to everlasting, God who took on human flesh was BOUND by that flesh! Jesus did not become a God with power among us. His power came SOLELY from God the Father.

Joh 12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Joh 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

Joh 17:25  O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:26  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

HE did NOT speak of Himself- but the FATHER told Him what to say.
The FATHER dwelled IN HIM,  and the FATHER IN HIM did the works!

Just as we are to have the FATHER'S love in us, and have JESUS in US,  Jesus and His Father agree in ONE. 

When we accept our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and He is IN us, it's a very REAL SPIRITUAL existence, yet that did NOT make us ONE being and no longer two separate entities. I am still ME, and Jesus is still JESUS.  The Spiritual power that exists beyond our flesh has us agreeing as ONE. The power we get from our God through the Holy Spirit is given to us to do HIS works, the works the FATHER would have us do.

The FATHER had the power and gave that power to HIS flesh bearing Son.  Jesus did NOTHING of Himself.

Joh 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

The FATHER lived in HIM and Jesus revealed the FATHER to us through HIS LIFE!

Our Savior was willing to risk becoming human and being subjected to temptation, fierce temptations beyond anything we can honestly imagine. He risked His existence.  If He'd died in sin He would never have been raised by His Father from the grave. He would have lost all humanity. Humanity would have ceased to exist at that point.

Did Satan ever accuse God of Jesus NOT being an acceptable atonement for mankind? No. Why? Because it wouldn't have been true and Satan knew it.

Satan did ALL in his power to get our Savior to sin, would he have even tried if it were impossible for Jesus to sin? NO!  Jesus was not a stone statue. Jesus was not God with God, but God in human flesh with God. That human flesh made it possible for our Savior to sin should He have chosen to do so. Satan knows this, we have to realize this. It was a REAL SACRIFICE. It wasn't God playing around making up tricks to appease Satan. This was a REAL SACRIFICE, and a REAL possibility that our Savior could have lost His OWN existence. There would have been NO excusing the sin, no reset button pushed, no do-overs, no try again and let's get it right this time. If our Savior had succumbed to temptation the power of sin would have been such that our Savior's existence along with our own would have been gone forever. THIS was the REAL SACRIFICE MADE!  He risked His entire existence and His existence was so far beyond anything we can possibly imagine that just trying to understand seems all but impossible. We are allowed enough to comprehend the depths, the heights, of the mercy given to us so that we can throw sinfilled selves at the feet of our Savior and beg Him for forgiveness, for HE ALONE is truly WORTHY of being able to forgive us our grave sins, He who gave so much and was under NO obligation to even give us a second glance.  Oh THE LOVE! The INCREDIBLE LOVE of our GOD and SAVIOR!

May we know this LOVE and be one with the Father, with the  Son, and with the Holy Spirit, in the LOVE that they alone can give to us- may we as individuals become four that agree as one, and as a collective as many as possible agreeing as one with our God the FATHER who is in heaven, from everlasting to everlasting.

Our Savior gave it all, He gave up His possible existence when He died on the cross and totally depended upon the Father to raise Him from the dead.

We can never forget this, never!



Amen.


No comments: