Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Believe Work

Rom 9:30  What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31  But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32  Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33  As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.


Righteousness which is of faith.

Gentiles- those who were not God's chosen people.  Those who did not cling to the promise of birth into the family of God, still attained righteousness by FAITH.

So many Jewish people born into the faith, raised in the faith, did not live by faith at all but thought that their birth right, their laws were all they needed. They left God out of their lives completely even while praying, even while keeping their laws. Everything was by rote, everything was without heart.

They 'followed after the law of righteousness' but 'hath not attained to the law of righteousness.'

You can follow your beliefs perfectly but without faith, without that true love in God, it means nothing. Our actions mean nothing without love.

We know this--

1Co 13:1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

You can have everything, but without love, without that faith in God who is love it all means nothing.

Our birthright does not give us any rights. Our assumed birthright even as gentiles does not give us any rights.  We must love God!

Rom 9:30  What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31  But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32  Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33  As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.


When we do not seek God by faith, but by our works we are not truly seeking God at all.

The stumbling stone is our faith in our Savior.

How many of us seek God through our works first rather than through Christ first?

I'm not going to be among the number that claim our works don't matter, I can't especially when I read stuff like this--

Jas 2:17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21  Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22  Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Faith.

Works.

There has to be a balance, no extremism on either side, but a balance that is found only in our Savior, Jesus Christ.

It is HIS righteousness we need, His love, His truth, His faith, His works, all HIM.

All by HIS GRACE and MERCY, HIS LOVE!

Please Lord, bless us with YOU and all things of YOU. Of our own selves we are NOTHING! With You we are all things.   All by YOU Lord, all by You.

In  world that is constantly losing belief, constantly losing faith we beg You to keep us in YOU as only You can do.

WE believe, Lord. Help Thou our unbelief!

No comments: