Friday, August 21, 2015

Who introduced you to Jesus?

Who introduced you to Jesus?

 If someone asked me who introduced me to Jesus I'd probably start out by saying my parents.  I'd say my parents because I have a memory of myself being very, very young and kneeling by my bedside hands folded, head bowed, and reciting our bedtime prayer.  I also have the memory of saying grace before dinner. Another memory of myself as a very young child was in the nursery at church and being taught the song- 'Jesus Loves Me'. So I'd definitely have to say my parents were the ones who introduced me to Jesus.   My parents laid the foundation that was built upon but it wasn't a steady building, but rather a build-up and then a tearing down only to rebuild and tear down over and over and over again. The only thing that has ever remain solid is the FOUNDATION- JESUS CHRIST MY SAVIOR. 

I went from being raised a Methodist to a period of rebellion, then joining the Seventh-Day Adventist Church only to find out a few years later that they'd apostatized from their original beliefs and so I discontinued my membership with them.  After that I entered another period of rebellion. Then by the grace and mercy of my Savior, my Lord Jesus He pulled me out of that rebellion and now, by His continued and constant grace I seek to worship Him in all truth.

Do you see? It truly has been a building upon the foundation of Jesus only to have the buildings torn down and then built up again, and I can only hope and pray that the building going on right now by my Savior will continue on until He returns to takes all those who choose to be His in all truth home with Him. 

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

I have to believe that through all the ups and downs, that my Savior, Jesus Christ will see me through until He returns.

He is the good work in me, He is the ONLY good in me!

I must be confident that if HE began in me, that He will see me through to the very end when we can be truly face to face.

By His amazing LOVE, I must believe! He will save me, even from myself and especially myself and my many failings.

Please Father in heaven, please, through the Holy Spirit may I have the confidence I need in Christ to do all for me, because I can do nothing myself. Please, Father in heaven, I would be YOURS.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ my LORD and SAVIOR now and forever!

Amen.

No comments: