Monday, October 17, 2016

My Understanding, My Hope

I look at my life as it is right this moment and it seems all but impossible that I could ever have my soul-self and spirit divided. And it is IMPOSSIBLE for ME to accomplish this dividing. It ISN'T impossible for Jesus my High Priest to divide my soul-self and spirit. Do I understand WHY my soul-self needs to be divided from my spirit? Yes, I think I do, I'm learning about it all. If someone were to ask me why I'd tell them that our selfishness is not compatible with the spirit which communicates with God, through the Holy Spirit. When we put ourselves first we are not putting God first and God NEEDS to be first. We cannot be loving to others to God without God. I'd tell them that the Bible says this--

Heb_4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

And this --

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And this--

Rom_8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom_8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

These are the reasons our soul-self must be separated from our spirit.

So, do I understand why we need to have the soul-self and spirit divided? I hope I do.

Next- have I ASKED to have my soul-self and spirit divided? I have, but I believe it is n ask that must occur over and over and over again.

Do I accept whatever it takes to have our soul-self and spirit divided?  I want to! I'm learning that it takes a lot, it takes SELF-DENIAL, it takes the CROSS DAILY, it takes SACRIFICE. I want this and there is a WAR inside me as my soul-self fights for its right to reign in me.

Am I dead to sin and alive to Christ?  I WANT TO BE!  I don't want SIN reigning in me!  I need to understand, I need to comprehend.

Do I pray to God and study the Bible- ONLY by His grace!

Do I bear my cross daily- there are many crosses, so many of them, and by the mercy and will of God I will take up the cross Jesus, my Savior said I needed to take up daily!

Can I distinguish between the soul-self and spirit in my life and follow the spirit? Again… I WANT TO!

By the grace of our LORD I will be His, through HIS miracle of salvation, HIS miracle of faith, Lord, help me live for YOU. Teach me daily, hourly, minutely!  Create in me a clean heart, renew a right spirit within me!

Psa_51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

'7 Musts-

1- Understand why we have to have the soul and spirit divided.
2-Ask to have our soul and spirit divided.
3-Accept whatever it takes to have our soul and spirit divided.
4-We must be dead to sin, and alive to Christ. We must not let sin reign in us.
5-We have to pray to God and study the Bible.
6-We must bear DAILY crosses.
7-We must distinguish between the soul and spirit in our life- once distinguished we must follow the spirit.

Truly the Holy Spirit does require our cooperation.
Truly the Lord cannot do His part if we don't do ours.
The High Priest- Jesus Christ our Lord- will divide our spirit and soul.'      Taken from - The Spiritual Man.

No comments: