Thursday, October 13, 2016

Who is more important than you?

Yesterday we study on the following-

7 Musts-

1- Understand why we have to have the soul and spirit divided.
2-Ask to have our soul and spirit divided.
3-Accept whatever it takes to have our soul and spirit divided.
4-We must be dead to sin, and alive to Christ. We must not let sin reign in us.
5-We have to pray to God and study the Bible.
6-We must bear DAILY crosses.
7-We must distinguish between the soul and spirit in our life- once distinguished we must follow the spirit.

We went to our Bibles and we could find a few of the many, many truths in these 7 musts. I need to study them more. Maybe this is just a personal need of mine, I don't know, but if anyone else is reading this maybe you need this too. 

I spent the day today off and on asking myself if various things going on around me were soulical or spiritual. A few times I reminded myself that it was the spiritual that matters, not the soulical. Is this the beginning of understanding? Is this how we continue the spiritual journey we are on?  I do remember asking myself why we choose the soulical so much, why do I choose it so much and how can I stop choosing the soulical. I didn’t have answer for myself just the realization that it is a DAILY battle and it is a LEARNING experience. 

Do I want my soul and spirit divided so that my spirit rules over my soul through the Holy Spirit, by Jesus Christ's grace?  I do, I DO, I'm just so incredibly weak! 

It's not until we begin to recognize the soulical that we realize just how full we are of ourselves, our selfishness, our soul, our carnal flesh nature that we are.  It's all around us in so many, many forms.

Another thing happened over the last few days I'm going to share. When I know I'm being selfish and not wanting to do something, when I'm called from my own work to go help another and that selfishness rises, the thought comes- THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU.  

And you know, when someone is told another is more important than they are, isn't there supposed to be a resentment rising in us because we aren't as important? We are taught this by so many things in society. We are all equal and whatnot, but in truth, isn't EVERYONE more important than we should be to ourselves?  Seriously, JESUS died for us, that's how important He deemed us over Himself! Loving others- NOT loving self, this is what is needed!  Yet we constantly deem ourselves more important. Our needs no matter how noble they are- are NOT more important than others needing us for even something someone might consider petty.  Is this truth?

Where soulical begins selfishness abounds, right? SELF.

1- Understand why we have to have the soul and spirit divided.
2-Ask to have our soul and spirit divided.
3-Accept whatever it takes to have our soul and spirit divided.
4-We must be dead to sin, and alive to Christ. We must not let sin reign in us.
5-We have to pray to God and study the Bible.
6-We must bear DAILY crosses.
7-We must distinguish between the soul and spirit in our life- once distinguished we must follow the spirit.

We need the soul and spirit divided!
PLEASE LORD divide our soul and spirit!
Please LORD help us to accept whatever it takes to have our soul and spirit divided!
Help us be DEAD to sin and ALIVE to CHRIST! Let not SIN reign in us!
Keep us in constant prayer with you, in constant study of Your word to us!
Help us to bear the crosses as they DAILY come to us!
Please help us to see all that is soulish in our life, please help us to see all that is spirit in us and HELP us follow the SPIRIT!

No comments: