Thursday, March 29, 2018

Love In Deed.


1Jn 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 

Our love means nothing if there are no acts of love. Speaking the words- I love you- mean nothing if they are followed by abusive words and actions. A person can say that they know soandso loves them even if they can't show it, but if it's not shown how is it love? We can show we love someone by our actions. My father wasn't an affectionately demonstrative man towards me or my siblings. I can say I knew my father loved me, but I don't remember the words coming from his lips- ever. His actions showed his love though. He cared for me basic needs- let me stay with a roof over my head up to 22 years old without asking for me to pay rent or otherwise. Along with that roof came food and clothing, as well as doctor appts. As a child I can remember a few stand out moments that revealed he loved me, but again, we didn't hug easily in my family or speak about loving each other. I'd like to be able to say my mother was different and made up for my dad's lack of physical/verbal affection, but she wasn't, not readily. As I grew older I could hug her, and tell her I loved her and she'd say it back but that was when I was much older. I knew she loved me, I knew my dad loved me, but they weren't loving me in words they were loving me in deeds.

God wants us to love in DEED, not in words.  God doesn't want us to tell people we love them and neglect to show them our love for them. God would rather we SHOW our love.

So how do we show our love for others?

Mat_5:42  Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Jas 1:27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. 

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 

Heb 6:10  For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 

Luk 6:38  Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. 

Rom 15:1  We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 

These are just a few verses instructing us on how we show our love for others. We think of THEM before ourselves. We give. We help.

Lord PLEASE help us to SHOW our love. Let our LOVE be in DEEDS not just in words!

All through YOUR power, all through the Holy Spirit, all by Jesus Christ our LORD and SAVIOR now and forever!!!!!!!

No comments: