Thursday, May 10, 2018

Christ Became Poor


2Co 8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. 
2Co 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. 
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 

Christ became poor.

How often do people purposefully become poor?   I know in my life most of the people I know strive to become rich, or rather to at least make do with a few comforts of life. I don't know a single person who has tried to become poor, willingly become poor. Being poor happens, and we know there will be poor with us always, and we also know that we are to help the poor as often as we can.  Christ did not give up monetary riches, but the riches of His Spirit God form and His power that came with that form. He gave up a lot. People don't seem to realize that all the miracles that Jesus performed were not done by Him directly. Seriously, they weren't. Our Savior divested Himself of His power, power He had that played a part in the very creation of the entire world and all that is in it. Christ couldn’t even save Himself from death. What Christ could and did do, was rely upon His heavenly Father. Christ prayed to the Father and the Father's power worked through Him.  Christ became poor. The Father GAVE the Son power, yet before Christ took on flesh He had power of His own accord. Christ did act on the power given to Him.

Php 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 
Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 
Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 
Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 
Php 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name

Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh 8:28  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 
Joh 8:29  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Joh 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 
Joh 5:20  For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 
Joh 5:21  For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 
Joh 5:22  For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 
Joh 5:23  That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 
Joh 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 
Joh 5:25  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 
Joh 5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 
Joh 5:27  And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 
Joh 5:28  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 
Joh 5:29  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 

Christ became poor …

2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 

Through our Savior's poverty we become rich. We are spiritually rich in Christ Jesus our Savior. Only because our Savior was willing to give up His position in heaven, willing to give up His spirit form and take on flesh; only because He became poor are we rich. Without sacrifice there is no salvation.

Our lives are to be lives of sacrifice in Christ. 

We too must be willing to be poor in this world to be rich in Christ.

By the will of God may we study this more tomorrow.

All in the love of our LORD, JESUS CHRIST, now and forever!!!!!!!

No comments: