Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Christ Took Me To The Cross.

Christ took me to the cross with Him. (Gal.2:20) When Christ divested Himself of His divinity (emptied Himself),(Php 2:7) He did so in order to take on our flesh. He became man. He was NOT a man, He was God with God in heaven. He chose to empty Himself of what made Him God so He could put Himself in human flesh. He used NO power of His own while on earth, He'd emptied Himself! Of Himself He did NOTHING. The power He used was the Father's. (*) He had NOT lost His connection to the Father, that was the one thing He had that we'd lost when mankind sinned. Jesus had the oneness with God the Father that we'd given up. Sin separated us from God the Father, Jesus had no sin to separate Him from God. Jesus could be tempted and was tempted in ALL ways just like we are. (Heb. 4:15) Temptation at its very core stems from the same place. You say temptations today are worse than Jesus' day, no, not at their origin they are not.

 

Christ became human and through the Father was able to resist all temptations. Christ endured a life here on earth among sinners who only knew sin. His heart broke for those who hated the sin in themselves, and for those who turned their backs on God. He wept for mankind. (Luke 19:41-44)

 

He knew the power of temptation and He knew that a man separated from God was powerless to resist. Man needed to be reunited with God and this was why He went to the cross.

 

Innocent, He took on our guilt when He took us to the cross to be crucified with Him. Every one, He took us all to the cross with Him and we were crucified with Him. Faith. Believing this is true, believing Christ crucified and us crucified with Him- this allows us to no longer be separated from God. We are promised a Comforter, we are promised a new life in Christ.

 

We were not only crucified, but we were buried with Him and then we were raised with Him!   

 

(More on this tomorrow, by the grace of God!) All through HIS amazing LOVE!

 

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

 

Php 2:7 ' but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men' (LITV)

 

(*)Joh_5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh_5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh_8:29  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Joh_10:38  But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Joh_12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Joh_12:50  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Joh_14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Joh_14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Joh_14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

 

Heb_4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

 

Col_2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

 

Rom_6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

 


No comments: