Saturday, October 10, 2020

Christ In Us- Our Hope.

'The great trouble with us is that sometimes we are afraid that Christ will gain the victory. Why? We have some darling sin that we do not want to give up; we are willing we think that all the rest should go but that, and so we are afraid that Christ will gain the victory and that that sin will have to be given up.


Just think of it! We call Christ in to help defeat our enemy, and when He comes, he finds us on the side of the enemy. 


But if we will give up all these things, Christ will give us something that is infinitely better. When we make up our minds from the word of God that all that God has to give us is in Christ, that He is the fullness of Him that filleth all in all (Eph. 1:23), we will realize that the meager things of this earth are not worth having, compared to what is going to be given us.


In 1 John 4:2-4 we have reference to the wicked spirits with which we have to fight, and this assurance is given to the children of God: "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." 


So with Elisha we know that they that are for us are more than they that are against us. "This is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:5, R. V.


Do we believe that Christ has conquered everything and that when we have Him we have everything and that there is no power of darkness that can do us any hurt?


When this has been done, we are crucified with Him. (Gal. 2:20) Our own lives have been given up to Christ, but we still live. Then it must be some other life that we live, and that life is the life of Christ. That is the life in which we glory. Christ is our life, and He has the victory and therefore we have it. "Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:11.


What is it to put on the whole armour? To stand in Christ complete, that is what we mean.


He is the truth, the Lord our righteousness. Shod with peace, He is our peace. It is Christ all through. Then take the sword in your hand and it is the word of God and Christ is the eternal word.


"And ye are complete in him." Having put on the whole armour which is Christ, we are complete in Him. "Put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ!" (Ro.13:14) He is the armour and the armour is He. Thus it is that in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us and gave His life for us (Ro.8:37). There is nothing that can take the armour away from us. "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor powers nor things present nor things to come nor height nor depth nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Ro. 8:38-39)


Excerpt E.J. Waggoner


*******


1 John 4:4 'Ye are of God little children and have overcome them because greater is he that is IN YOU than he that is in the world.'


1 John 4:13 ' Hereby know we that we dwell in him and HE IN US because he hath given us of his Spirit.'


1 John 4:16 ' And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us, God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God and GOD IN HIM.'


1 John 3:24 'And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and HE IN HIM. And hereby we know that HE ABIDETH IN US, by the Spirit which he hath given us.'


John 10:27-30 'My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish  neither shall any an pluck them out of my hand. My Father which gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand I and my Father are one.'


John 14:17-23 'Even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him, but ye know him for HE DWELLETH WITH YOU AND SHALL BE IN YOU. I will not leave you comfortless I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world seeth me no more but ye see me, because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall now that I am in my Father and ye in me and I IN YOU. He that hath my commandments and keepeth them he it is that loveth me and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father and I will love him and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him. If a man love me he will keep my words and my Father will love him and we will come unto him and MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM.'


John 17:23 'I IN THEM, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them as thou hast loved me.'


Romans 8:10,11 'And if Christ BE IN YOU, the body is dead because of sin but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirt of him that raised up Jesus from the dead DWELL IN YOU, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken our mortal bodies by his Spirit that DWELLETH IN YOU.'


2 Corinthians 6:16 'And what agreement hath the temple of God with dols? For ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath said, I will DWELL IN THEM and walk in them and I will be their God and they shall by my people.'


Ephesians 3:17 'That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith, that ye being rooted and grounded in love.'


Matthew 10:20 'For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father, which speaketh in you.


John 15:4 'Abide in me and I IN YOU. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except y abide in me.'


John 15:8 'If ye abide in me and my words ABIDE IN YOU ye shall ask what ye will and It shall be done unto you.'


1 Corinthians 3:16 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God DWELLETH IN YOU?'


1 Corinthians 16:19 ' "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is IN YOU, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?'


2 Corinthians 13:5 'Examine yourselves whether ye be in the faith prove your ownselves. Know ye not yourselves how that Jesus Christ IS IN YOU, except ye be reprobates?'


Galatians 4:19 'My little children of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed IN YOU.'


Ephesians 4:6 'One God and Father of All, who is above all and through all, and IN YOU all.'


Philippians 2:13 'For it is God which worketh IN YOU both to will and to do his good pleasure.'


Colossians 1:27 'To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles which is CHRIST IN YOU the hope of glory.'


Hebrews 13:20,21 'Now the God of peace that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant make you perfect in every good work to do his will working IN YOU that which is well pleasing in his sight through Jesus Christ to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.'


No comments: