Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Night Gospel Fest! :) Happy Sabbath All!

Sabbath is coming...
I've been saving dvr (recordings) of Front Row Live, a music show on the Gospel Music Channel, and tonight I'm going to enjoy a few of them. This is my praise in song to God.
Aaron Shust is the first one- singing, 'Open the Eyes of Our Hearts' - Lyrics at the bottom for those interested.
Ohh I love this song!! Matchless! If you haven't heard it you've got to hear it! It's so cool! Again lyrics at the bottom though I'd love to put them here and now to every song, but I don't think people want to read through a bunch of lyrics, I could be wrong.
:)
Happy Sabbath everyone!
The next song in my little praise songfest is... Like I Never Felt Before. Nice song. :)
The next song Watch Over Me made me cry :( so beautiful, so true! He watches over us all. We can go through horrible times, horrible, dark times, but He's there, He is and our eternal life is secure in Him.
Praise God!
His next song is Create Again. Yes, God is our wonderful Creator!
Give Me Words To Speak, was next and another tear jerker for me. Yes, I want words to speak, I don't want my spirit to sleep.
Next- Can't Hide From Your Love. I don't want to hide from God's love...no, no, no.
All praise to God!
Give It All Away was the next song. So beautiful. All that is ours is God's. We have to give God all we are and all we do. God is truly the only one who can bless us, who gave everything He was to us, for us. Such love! *sniffs* So beautiful.
Next- Stillness (Speak To Me). So wonderful! 'Speak to me and show me who you are rescue me with your unfailing love and mercy' Yes...yes and yes! There is God's Truth! His unfailing love and mercy. Speak to us God, show us, speak to us...we need your unfailing love and mercy.
My Savior My God was next.. a very popular song of his and wonderful! My Savior does live, He does Love, He will always be!
PRAISE HIM! All glory to God!
That was it, the end of Aaaron's Front Row Live. The next one is Wynonna! Hehe, I didn't know she sang gospel. :)
Her first song is.... What the World Needs Now. Not too bad :) Nice song :)
The Other Side- was next. Not sure I cared for it too much. I want more praise of God and didn't really well, this song seemed more about self, not God.
Heaven Help Me- was next. Again not sure it's for God, I mean you could point it that way but it's not God specific. Maybe I'm being picky, but ah well. :) It was a pretty song. Jesus is the light :) He is the one light so I'm going to choose to believe it's sung that way. We can never ever afford to lose God's love, never.
It's The Messiah - was the next song. I really, really liked this song!
She sang I Can Only Imagine Next... I love that song :)
She sang a few more songs and I didn't really think they were gospel sooo not putting them here, and I fast forward through a few of them.
Now she's singing- I Wanna Know What Love Is. I can sorta see it in here... we do wanna know what love is and love is God. We want God to show us and He did, He does. :)
Love Can Build A Bridge- another that we can sorta see God in, but it's not gospel. Nice though :)
Her last song was not gospel at all and I was disappointed. Ah well. :)
Snack time and then maybe more :)
Yup, more! Hehe.
Not going to watch up this next group - The Afters. They're a bit too rocky/punky for me, but I do like their first song. Never Going to Okay.
Some how another show was taped before Front Row Live- called Hot List.
This Hot List is hosted by Mike Ferris and he'll give us HIS hot list, the songs he likes.
The first one is 'So Long Self' by Mercyme. GOOD song!
Didn't care for the second, wasn't gospel, didn't even listen.
Third Day came next! I Got a Feeling. Very good so far... *listens* Was good, not their favorite of mine, but good. :)
Flood by Jars of Clay next. Good song! *sings* :) Lift me up!
Next came a non-gospel song I skipped.
Smokie Norful was next with 'God is Able' soooo cool! :)
Mindy Smith- Come to Jesus was next...*listens* Good song. :)
Next is... not one I'm listening to.
After that... another I'm not listening too ewwwwwww heavy metal.
Let's see the next one...to metal for me too.
Hope's the next is better. :)
Johnny Cash- God's Gonna Cut You Down. Woah! Some song!
Interesting- his last song....Mission Temple Fireworks Stand Sawyer Brown, kinda toe tapping :) hehe
Was very interesting :) Hehe I think that's close to being it for the night.
It's Front Row Live- Rebecca Saint James :)
I'm tired so not looking up lyrics, just listening :)
Come Alive! In Jesus :) Good song :)
Lamb of God is next :) *listens* Not too bad. I think I'm getting tired, I skipped over it, just too rocky.
Next... Wait for Me- a song about taking a purity stand and waiting for marriage to have sex, a very cool song. Purity for God.
Our Great God was next by her and Todd Agnew. *listens* Nice... very, very nice! Glory be to our Great God! Lovely song!
This is the Air I Breathe.... Beautiful Song!
His Love Endures Forever ... Great Song! :)
Probably the last song for the night, I'm tiredededed. :)
Praise God for music, for praise in music, in love, in song!
Happy Sabbath All!

**Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart, LordOpen the eyes of my heartI want to see YouI want to see You
Open the eyes of my heart, LordOpen the eyes of my heartI want to see YouI want to see You
To see You high and lifted upShinin' in the light of Your gloryPour out Your power and loveAs we sing holy, holy, holy
Open the eyes of my heart, LordOpen the eyes of my heartI want to see YouI want to see You
Open the eyes of my heart, LordOpen the eyes of my heartI want to see YouI want to see You
To see You high and lifted upShinin' in the light of Your gloryPour out Your power and loveAs we sing holy, holy, holy
(Repeat two more times)
Holy, holy, holyWe cry holy, holy, holyYou are holy, holy, holyI want to see you
Holy, holy, holyHoly, holy, holyYou are holy, holy, holyI want to see you(Repeat five more times)
**
Matchless
Son of a Man, Great I am, King of heaven,son of god, you hold the measure of my daysHoly Lamb, spotless Lamb, You are worthy, I am notBefore Your throne I stand amazed
Every tongue confess and every knee will bowTo Jesus Christ the Lord forever, hear our praises now
Your name is matchless, Your name is pricelessYour name means more than i could knowYou're so far above me, the way that you love megoes further than any love could go
Wonderful Counselor, Root of David, morning staryou are the way, the truth, the lifelion of the tribe of judah, Mighty god is who you areThe only perfect sacrifice
In your name you took the blind man and you gave him back his sightIn your name you took the dead man and you brought him back to lifeIn your name you took this prisoner and you opened up the doorsAnd I will sing before your throne forever more
**
Like I Never Felt Before
(Been) training all this timeI’m at the starting lineA marathon I’m gonna have to runIn such a way as if to win the prizeAnd I believeEven though I can’t seeAll the athletes from days gone byAre in the stadium surrounding meAnd in the daysbefore the final phaseI sacrificed the things that held me downAnd concentratedly I fixed my gaze.A shot resoundsMy heart begins to poundAnd I begin to know what it’s likeTo run as if I had nobody aroundAnd I feel like I never felt beforeI ran through the open doorAnd I feel like I never felt beforeAnd it seems You’re aware of so much moreThan I gave You credit forAnd I feel like I never felt before
Climbing highI can almost touch the skyBut every time I’m halfway thereI think I’ll never reach the top aliveBut I’m awareI’m safely in Your careAnd with Your help I’ll never face a dayThat I am unable to bearYou taught me to crawlYou taught be to standYou taught me run one step at a timeand watch out for the quicksandYou taught me to liveYou taught me to dieYou taught me to spread My wings and how to fly
**
Watch Over Me
I was lonelyYou came waltzing over to meAnd Your eyes they saw right through meAnd You heard each one of my cries for helpAnd You came to rescue meI was brokenEvery prayer that I had spokenReached Your ears and all my tears weren’t cried in vainYou carried all my painAnd put me back together againYou watch over me in the darkest valleysYou watch over me when the night seems longYou help me to see the way before meYou watch over me; You watch over meAlways faithfulTo be leading, at this momentInterceding for Your childrenThough I’ve wandered astray from Your infinite waysYou’ve never left me alone -[to chorus]Take my frozen heart; awaken meNever once have You forsaken meEven though I walk through this shadow of deathYou will guide and defend meYou’ll guard and protect meEven though I walk through this shadow of deathYou will lead me home
**
Create Again
Separated from nightYou spoke and then there was lightThey point to YouDivided water from landBowing to Your commandThey point to YouThe sun that’s blazing at noonAnd every phase of the moonThey point to You.A baby’s cry and the wayA sunset closes the dayThey point to You.For You’re the only One worth praisingMore radiant than earth and skyAnd everyday that I survey Your creationI see why I see whyGod of everything I see,Come create again in meYou were yesterdayand You will always beSo take each breath that I breatheAnd be the life that I bleedCreate again in meThe storm that’s raging at seaThe little child on her kneesThey point to YouYour grace that’s poured out on meThe sacrifice on a treeThey point to YouYour Word vaults across the skyFrom sunrise to sunsetMelting the ice, scorching the desertWarm our hearts to faith
**
Give Me Words To Speak
Calloused and bruiseddazed and confused My Spirit is left wanting something more Than my selfish hopesand my selfish dreams I'm lying with my face down to the floor I'm crying out for more (crying out for more)
Chorus: Give me Words to speak Don't let my Spirit sleep Cause I can't think of anything worth saying But I know that I owe You my life So give me Words to speak Don't let my Spirit sleep
Every night, every dayI find that I have nothing left to say So I stand here in silence awaiting Your guidance I'm wanting only Your voice to be heard Let them be Your Words Let them be Your words
(chorus)
I just don't understand this life that I've been livingI just don't understand (x2) I just don't understand these lies I've been believing I just don't understand (x2)
(chorus x2)
I know that I owe you my lifeOwe my lifeOwe my life(x2)
**
Can't Hide From Your Love
I was lost and I was blindI was begging for a signthat someoneSomewhere heard meAs You whispered in the windAnd You shouted in the wavesThat You heard meThat You loved meAnd I could finallyStop resistingYou’re Everything I ever wantedAnd never knew I neededYou’re Everywhere I ever goI can’t hide from Your Love anymoreI begin to drop my guardFaithful as the Morning StarYou show me tender mercyI’m surrounded by Your beautyI get lost in Heaven’sSymphonyIt never changesNever endingUnrelentingWhy would I want to?I don’t want to
**
Give It All Away
Search my heart, search my mind, search my soulMake me clean, make me new make me whole
All of my plans, all of my dreams, I lay them down before Your feetAll of my time, all that was mine, I now submit to Your design'Cause You are the one who can make my life completeYou are the one who can give light to my feetYou are the one and only one who dared to give it all away for me
You are my strength, You are my God, you are my KingYou make me laugh, You make me dance, You make me sing
Everything inside, everything outside, I give it all awayYou never change, but You rearrange my heart more everyday
** Stillness (Speak To Me)
I come to you, oh god, in the stillness of my heartI need your healing and your voice in the stillness of my heart
Speak to me and show me who you arerescue me with your unfailing love and mercyspeak to me and show me who you areHold me tightly in your arms and never let me go
I hear you calling out my name in the stillness of my heartyour grace is given me again, now I open up my heart
I remember singing praises to your name every day with all my mightHow I long to sing to you again
**
My Savior My God
I am not skilled to understandWhat God has willed, what God has plannedI only know at His right handStands one who is my Savior
I take Him at His word and deedChrist died to save me; this I readAnd in my heart I find a needOf Him to be my savior
That He would leave His place on highAnd come for sinful man to dieYou count it strange, so once did IBefore I knew my Savior
Chorus (2x's) My Savior loves, My Savior livesMy Savior's always there for meMy God: He was, my God; He isMy God is always gonna be
Yes, living, dying, let me bringMy strength, my solace from this spring;That He who lives to be my KingOnce died to be my Savior
That He would leave His place on highAnd come for sinful man to dieYou count it strange, so once did IBefore I knew my Savior
Chorus (2x's)
(Instrumental)
Chorus: (2x's)
My Savior loves, My Savior livesMy Savior loves, My Savior lives
**What the World Needs Now
I look around at all the faces and I see All the lonely people looking back at me Rich,poor don't matter we're all the same Everybody's hungry in a different way We're clawing and climbing and kicking and screaming And fighting but really
What the world needs now is love Love and only love A little help from up above A way to make a better day Let's come together lay our difference down Spread it all around That's what the world needs now
La da la da da
Sometimes all it takes is just a smile To change somebody's weather chase the clouds out of the sky Sometimes you got to give and not receive Sometimes you got to live what you believe Open your arm's 'cause that's where it starts Right here with you and me
What the world needs now is love Love and only love A little help from up above A way to make a better day Let's come together lay our difference down Spread it all around That's what the world needs now
Nobody likes the cold We all need someone to hold No one wants to be alone
What the world needs now is love Love and only love A little help from up above A way to make a better day Let's come together lay our difference down Spread it all around (That's what the world needs now)
What the world needs now (What the world needs now is love) (Love and only love) Love and only love (A little help from up above) (A way to make a better day) Let's come together lay our prejudices down
**
The Other Side
So, you're at the end of your witsThe end of your ropeYou just can't fixEverything that's brokeGot to turn it loose, babeHey, just let it ride
Cause it ain't about pride nowWell, it ain't about guiltYou've just come to a bridgeThat you still ain't builtSit down here with meI'll tell you about the other side
[ Chorus ]
The other side of lonelinessThe other side of the bluesThere really is a place like thisWhere the sun is gonna shine for youYou'll feel that old restlessnessYour tears have all been criedYou'll find your way over thisAnd you'll make it to the other side
Life gets hardLife gets coldNo matter who you areGonna settle on your soulThere comes a timeWhen you go looking fora place to hide
But one of these daysYou're gonna lift up your headWhistle up those hell hounds of yoursAnd make them sit up and begThat's when you'll be readyReady for the other side
[ Repeat Chorus ]
**
Heaven Help Me
I could lose my vision, my eyes no longer see.I could lose my religion,in my struggle to believe.That would be a loss,that would be a cross,but somehow rise above.But, Heaven Help Me if I ever lose your love.I've traded innocence for the secrets of the night.Felt my callused conscience lose its grip on wrong and right.It cut me to the bone,Somehow I've held on,'cause I could feel your touch.But, Heaven Help Me if I ever lose your love.~Chorus~'Cause you are the one lightthat shines on meand without your loveGod knows where I'd be.Lost without a prayersomewhere way out there,my soul would turn to dust.And Heaven Help Me if I ever lose your love.~Chorus~'Cause you are the one lightthat shines on meand without your loveGod knows where I'd be.So hold me close again,tell me it won't end,and that will be enough.Heaven Help Meif I ever lose your love.And, Heaven Help Me if I ever lose your love.
**
It's The Messiah
It must have been somethingBeing born in a mangerWith the sheep from the fieldsAnd stars shining over your headIt must have been somethingSeeing three wise menOn their knees before a newbornWith their eyes all aglowAnd their hearts they know
It's the MessiahHe's come at lastIt's the MessiahHe's come at last
It must have been somethingSpeaking the word of your FatherWith the promise of lifeAnd peace forever
It must have been somethingWalking the streets of JerusalemWith the sins of the worldOn the innocence of a lambBut soon everyone will know
It's the MessiahHe's come at lastIt's the MessiahHe's come at last
It's the MessiahHe's come at lastIt's the MessiahHe's with us at last
It must have been something
**Love can build a bridge
I'd gladly walk across the desert with no shoes upon my feet To share with you the last bite of bread I had to eat
I would swim out to save you In your sea of broken dreams When all your hopes are sinking Let me show you what love means
Love can build a bridge Between your heart and mine Love can build a bridge Don't you think it's time
I would whisper love so loudly Every heart would understand That love and only love Can join the tribes of man
I would give my heart's desires So that you might see The first step is to realize That it all begins with you and me
When we stand together It's our finest hour We can do anything, anything If we keep believing in the power
Love can build a bridge Between your heat and mine Love can build a bridge Don't you think it's time
Don't you think it's time
**
The Afters- Never Going Back To OK
It's not the endBut it feels like it isI'm waking upLike I'm back from the deadI'm stepping outAnd I feel so afraid But as long as I'm moving it's all right
I feel aliveAnd it hurts for a changeAnd looking back and it's hard to believeThat I was cool With the days that I wasted complacent and tasteless and bored butThat was yesterday
We're never going back to OKWe're never going back to easyWe're never going back to the way it wasWe're never going back to OK
This discontentLike a slap in the faceOf mediocreI've had enough of this placeThis party's overAnd I'm moving away from the frills of you Beverly Hills but that was yesterday
We're never going back to OKWe're never going back to easyWe're never going back to the way it wasWe're never going back to OK
We're here to stayThis is our timeOur only lifeOur chance to live
We're never going back to OKWe're never going back to easyWe're never going back to the way it wasWe're never going back to OK
**
"So Long Self"
Well if I come across a little bit distantIt's just because I amThings just seem to feel a little bit differentYou understandBelieve it or not but life is not apparentlyAbout me anywaysBut I have met the One who really is worthySo let me say
So long, selfWell, it's been fun, but I have found somebody elseSo long, selfThere's just no room for twoSo you are gonna have to moveSo long, selfDon't take this wrong but you are wrong for me, farewellOh well, goodbye, don't crySo long, self
Stop right there because I know what you're thinkingBut no we can't be friendsAnd even though I know your heart is breakingThis has to endAnd come to think of it the blame for all of thisSimply falls on meFor wanting something more in life than all of thisCan't you see
Don't feel so bad (don't feel so bad)There'll be better days (there'll be better days)Don't go away mad (but by all means)Just go away, go away
**
I Got A Feeling
I got a messageI got a songCan I get a witnessTell me what's going on
I'll show the peopleA better wayMaybe I will tomorrowMaybe I will today
'Cause I got a feeling it won't be longMaybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrongBut I know one thing for sureOnly time will tell itI got a feeling coming over meNothing else here can set me freeBut I know one thing for sureWell, I've got to show it
I got a missionI got a signIs anybody listeningI gotta make sure this timeI'll tell the peopleWhat's on my mindMaybe I will tomorrowMaybe I will tonight
I got a messageI got a songEverybody help me sing along
**
Flood
Rain, rain on my faceIt hasnt stopped raining for daysMy world is a floodSlowly I become one with the mud
Chorus:
But if I cant swim after forty daysAnd my mind is crushed by the thrashing wavesLift me up so high that I cannot fallLift me upLift me up - when Im fallingLift me up - Im weak and Im dyingLift me up - I need you to hold meLift me up - keep me from drowning again
Downpour on my soulSplashing in the ocean, Im losing controlDark sky all aroundI cant feel my feet touching the ground
[chorus]
Calm the storms that drench my eyesDry the streams still flowingCast down all the waves of sinAnd guilt that overthrow me
[chorus]
Lift me up - when Im fallingLift me up - Im weak and Im dyingLift me up - I need you to hold meLift me up - keep me from drowning again
**God is Able
God is able,God is ableGod is able and He won't failGod is able,God is ableGod is able and He won't fail
Tell me who can make a mountainMove out of my wayAnd who can make a miracle Because of my faithAnd when the doctor says noWho can still say yesAnd when I'm in troubleWho's right there to help me pass every test
God is able,God is able God is able and He won't, won't fail
Tell me who can make a river Out of a little streamAnd who can tell the clouds To roll back so that the sun can look at meAnd who can tell the wind to whistle through the treesAnd when I'm in trouble who is the same God That will come down and rescue me
God is able,God is ableGod is able and He won't fail
He won't fail He won't fail Don't you dare give upDon't you dare give inGod wont fail
God is able,God is ableTelling you God is able and He won't no...God won't,He won't fail God won't,He'll never leaveNever forsake youNo He won't failHe'll be there till the endGod won't fail,He won't fail
**
"Come To Jesus"
Oh, my baby, when you're olderMaybe then you'll understandYou have angels to dance around your shoulders'Cause at times in life you need a helping hand
Oh, my baby, when you're prayin'Leave your burden by my doorYou have Jesus standing at your bedsideTo keep you calm, keep you safe,Away from harm
Worry not my daughters,Worry not my sonsChild, when life don't seem worth livin'Come to Jesus and let Him hold you in His arms
Oh, my baby, when you're cryin'Never hide your face from me'cause I have conquered hell and driven out the demonsI have come with a light to set you free
Worry not my daughters,Worry not my sonsChild, when life don't seem worth livin'Come to Jesus and let Him hold you in His arms
Oh, ohOh, ohYeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, my baby, when you're dyingBelieve the healing of His handHere in Heaven we will wait for your arrivalHere in Heaven you will finally understandHere in Heaven we will wait for your arrivalHere in Heaven you will finally understand
Worry not my daughters,Worry not my sonsChild, when life don't seem worth livin'Come to Jesus and let Him hold you in His arms
**
"God's Gonna Cut You Down"
You can run on for a long timeRun on for a long timeRun on for a long timeSooner or later God'll cut you downSooner or later God'll cut you down
Go tell that long tongue liarGo and tell that midnight riderTell the rambler, the gambler, the back biterTell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em downTell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
Well my goodness gracious let me tell you the newsMy head's been wet with the midnight dewI've been down on bended knee talkin' to the man from GalileeHe spoke to me in the voice so sweetI thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feetHe called my name and my heart stood stillWhen he said, "John go do My will!"
Go tell that long tongue liarGo and tell that midnight riderTell the rambler, the gambler, the back biterTell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em downTell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
You can run on for a long timeRun on for a long timeRun on for a long timeSooner or later God'll cut you downSooner or later God'll cut you down
Well you may throw your rock and hide your handWorkin' in the dark against your fellow manBut as sure as God made black and whiteWhat's down in the dark will be brought to the light
You can run on for a long timeRun on for a long timeRun on for a long timeSooner or later God'll cut you downSooner or later God'll cut you down
Go tell that long tongue liarGo and tell that midnight riderTell the rambler, the gambler, the back biterTell 'em that God's gonna cut you downTell 'em that God's gonna cut you downTell 'em that God's gonna cut you down
**
Mission Temple Fireworks Stand Sawyer Brown.
I saw a black man with a bible and a sparkler in his hand.He was holding a tent revival and running a firework stand.He said the end of the world is coming so you better get on your knees.Today bottle rockets are two for one but salvation's free.He said, ''I quit my job at a big church where the milk and honey flowed,To sell cherry bombs for Jesus in a tent beside the road.''''I ain't in it for the money, most cars they pass on by,''''But I pay the rent on New Years and the fourth of July.''''Here at the,Holy Ghost, (Holy Ghost)Big bang theory, (Big bang theory)Pentecostal, (Pentecostal)Fire and brimstone, (Fire and brimstone)Mission Temple Firework Stand.He said fireworks are dangerous. They can blow up in your face.You better read the instructions, light the fuse and get away.These things are made in China, so it's easy to see,Why a man who worships Buddha ain't got no guarantee.This is the,Holy Ghost, (Holy Ghost)Big bang theory, (Big bang theory)Pentecostal, (Pentecostal)Fire and brimstone, (Fire and brimstone)Mission Temple Firework Stand.Everything Im selling is all going up in smoke. Its like taking twenty dollars yall and watching it explode. When the trumpet sounds and the lord comes back, I promise you one thing. Ill be a human bottle rocket and Ill go out with a bang. Ill leave this:Holy Ghost, (Holy Ghost)Big bang theory, (Big bang theory)Pentecostal, (Pentecostal)Fire and brimstone, (Fire and brimstone)Mission Temple Firework Stand.Holy Ghost, (Holy Ghost)Big bang theory, (Big bang theory)Pentecostal, (Pentecostal)Fire and brimstone, (Fire and brimstone)Mission Temple Firework Stand.Holy Ghost, (Holy Ghost)Big bang theory, (Big bang theory)Pentecostal, (Pentecostal)Fire and brimstone, (Fire and brimstone)Mission Temple Firework Stand...

No comments: