Saturday, October 2, 2010

God's or Not God's

God's or not God's.


There are two choices, that's it.


It is true to say- if you are not for God you are against Him because there is NO neutral ground.


People imagine there is a neutral ground called 'Independence' where they can stand without having to choose between God and Satan. All who choose independence are really choosing Satan.


Choosing God means worshipping God, it means serving God, it means God guiding our lives. Choosing God means He is just that OUR GOD.


If people say they have NO God, that they worship no God at all, they are mistaken because the god they are choosing to worship is themselves. Believing they are in need of NO God, that there is No God, the choice is made -- they believe they are-- self-ruling, self-governing, self-sustaining, self-existing. And if a person believes all that they are their own god worshipping at the altar of self.


God or not God's.


Can a person say they are God's and not be God's?


Yes. Many will think they are God's and not be God's.


What makes us truly God's? Jesus says...


Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.


Those aren't MY words! I didn't say that! I didn't make it up!


We are God's IF we love God, aren't we?


Can we hate God and be His?


Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me


Pro 8:36 '... all they that hate me love death. '


Joh 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.


Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.



Can we hate God and be God's?


How? How is it possible?


We are told if we love our Savior we will keep His commandments.


What commandments are Jesus' commandments?


Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.


Where are these commandments from?


Thou shalt not murder- thou shalt do no murder.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness.
Honor they father and mother.


Are these NEW and strange commandments introduced by the promised Messiah? No. Look what the man answered Jesus…


Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.


All these things have I KEPT from my YOUTH up.


Jesus' ministry only lasted 3 years before His death. This MAN wants eternal life and is telling Jesus that he's kept the commandments which Jesus says if he keeps he will have eternal life. These commandments are the TEN COMMANDMENTS- written by God Himself on two tables of stone and put in the ark of the covenant between God and His people.


Jesus told this man if he would be perfect he would LAY HIS TREASURES UP IN HEAVEN, and He would be following Jesus. He would be loving God, worshipping God truly, not in a false way that so many even today worship God. Following God, loving God, learning and loving at the feet of Jesus, treasuring the words He speaks and laying those treasures up in heaven, not TREASURING ANYTHING here on earth.


So here we have Jesus Himself telling us what we need to do to have eternal life and even saying-
If ye love me, keep my commandments. Joh 14:15


The ten commandments ARE Jesus' commandments. We can't separate them and say the ten commandments were God's, and the new commandments Jesus gives are Jesus' and we have to follow Jesus not God. It's ludicrous to ever think that way, to ever think that that God's ten commandments were NOT Jesus' commandments as well. Jesus is GOD with us. Jesus lived His whole life as a human on earth before His death and resurrection following His Father, doing His Father's will, keeping His Father's commandments, doing NOTHING without the Father.


Joh 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.


Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.


Jesus and His Father agreed on all points! Jesus didn't come to destroy the ten commandments of God.


Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.


We need to realize this following-


The ten commandments given by the finger of God- were the ONLY commandments written with His own finger!


Exo 32:16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.


Exo 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.


Exo 25:16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.


Exo 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.


Exo 32:15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
Exo 32:16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.


Exo 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.


Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.


The Ten Commandments-

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
(1) Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(2) Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
(3) Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
(4) Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(5) Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
(6) Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
(7) Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(8) Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
(9) Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
(10) Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.


Which of these commandments is irrelevant?
Which of these commandments is out dated?
Which of these commandments is too restrictive?
Which of these commandments is too grievous for us to bear?
Which of these commandments did Jesus do away with, pointedly telling us it was NO longer to be kept that the law from everlasting to everlasting was a mistake?


Jesus summed up the ten commandments for us-


Loving God
Loving our fellow man


The first four commandments of the ten are the result of loving God.
The last six commandments of the ten are the result of loving our fellow man.


Tell me which of these commandments, any of them or all of them, that are no longer binding? WHY would God give us commandments- words of the covenant between God and man- and then turn around and tell us that they are no good? Why would He change His mind and tell us to no longer worship Him, no longer honor Him above all, no longer worry about taking His name in vain, no longer keep His sanctified, His holy day of rest, no longer worry about killing anyone or committing adultery, and who cares about stealing any longer, or lying…go ahead and lie now and go ahead and covet… go ahead and want other's things to the point of hating them because they have them and you don't. Yes, all those things are now okay because that old law, those old commandments are outdated and have been replaced. People will look at you like you're crazy if you say those things. Surely God doesn't want us to steal and kill or worship other gods. But those same people will quickly say- sure God doesn't care if you worship Him on the Sabbath anymore, worshipping Him all the time is better anyway, right? God doesn’t really mind if we take His name in vain, He understands it's just the slang we've grown up listening to and it doesn't mean a thing against Him.


Craziness is what it is. All or nothing. NOT ONE JOT or ONE TITTLE- not ONE dot above an ' i ' or a cross of a 't' is to be done away with!


Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.


TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS! These are Jesus' words! The law is good and will not pass, none of it! The ten commandments- the covenant written in stone by God Himself- the law placed into the ark of the covenant and now written upon our hearts will be in affect until God and man are permanently reunited when the earth is made new and sin is no longer, death is done away with forever. This is when the covenant between God and man will be completely fulfilled, permanently kept never more to ever in any way, shape, or form to be broken.


So, are we God's or not God's?
Do we really want to be God's or just pretend?


By the grace and mercy of our Savior may we be forgiven of our sinning, of our failing to keep the covenant in Him, through Him. Please Lord, have mercy on us! Save us! Look down upon us and have mercy! We cry mercy Lord! Only You can forgive us, only You can save us, there is no good thing in us the only good is in You and You alone. By the righteousness of our Savior may we be Yours now and forever! May we lay our treasures truly in Heaven with You Lord. Teach us! Help us! Love us! Know us Lord!


By Your will, by Your grace, by Your love now and forever!


Amen.

No comments: