Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Submission to God = Resistence to the Devil

Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

We must submit.

When you submit you yield yourself, you give yourself over to the control of another.

Today many couples have had the part of the wedding vow about wives submitting to their husbands omitted because its connotation of being subservient. The idea of a wife having to obey and submit are repugnant to so many because they want equality with their partner.  Today people do not want to submit or obey the Lord, they would rather be equal with Him. So many believe that Jesus came to bring us this equality and not to bring us into any sort of submitting or obedience. The mere words- submit to authority riles up so many who believe they should not have to submit to anyone. It brings up the idea of slaves and masters and no one wants to be the slave, only the master.

We are told to submit ourselves to God.
Yield ourselves to God's authority.

Do we truly do this? Do we? Do you yield yourself to God's authority? Do you place yourself in submission to God. Seriously.

To do this we must believe our God is REAL. We've talked a lot about Satan being real but not we have to bring this up because it's easy to say we believe and yet only in an abstract way. We can say we yield and yet is it a REAL yielding? What exactly are we yielding? If we are only mouthing the words without any real meaning behind them, then what good is that? I can say I yield to the Queen of England, and that's all well and good, she's in England while I'm here in the USA and so what good would my yielding do? None. I don't even live in the queen's country. I have nothing to do with the queen of England and I never will. 

When we say we are submitting our selves to someone it has to be a real submission, not just words without substance.

So again the question, What are we yielding to God when we submit to His authority? What makes it real, not just words?

1Sa 3:18  And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good.

Samuel told Eli everything God had told him and hid nothing. Eli replied- 

It is the LORD-  let Him do what seems  good to Him.

Let the LORD do what He will- IN OUR LIVES.

*

2Sa 15:26  But if he thus say, I have no delight in thee; behold, here am I, let him do to me as seemeth good unto him.

David wanted God's favor and here he is submitting to God's will.

That even if God said He had NO delight in David at all, David was willing that God do with Him whatever it was He wanted.  David was submitting all of himself to God, every bit.

*

2Ch 30:8  Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the LORD, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you.

Serve the LORD our GOD.

*

2Ch 33:12  And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers,
2Ch 33:13  And prayed unto him: and he was intreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD he was God.

HUMBLED himself before GOD.
PRAYED to GOD.

*

Job 1:21  And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

TRUTH.

The LORD GAVE- and the LORD takes- all HIS will, not ours.

*

Job 42:1  Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
Job 42:2  I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
Job 42:3  Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
Job 42:4  Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Job 42:5  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6  Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Yielding to God who is all things, as we are nothing.

*

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Take Jesus' YOKE upon us, learn of HIM. He is MEEK and LOWLY in heart-  we need to be the same through submission!

*

Rom 10:3  For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Submit to the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD!

*

When we truly submit ourselves to God we are believing with all that we are that God will save us no matter what the devil throws at us. We are giving our LIVES to HIM, choosing HIM over ourselves, over ALL things!

Do you do that?!

Do I do that?!

We should, I should, we need to!

In that submission comes resistance towards the Devil who would have us never yield ourselves to God. The last thing the Devil wants is our submission towards God because he knows when we are submitted to God that he cannot touch our eternal life and that is the thing he wants most from us- our eternal life.

Please LORD, help us to submit! Help us to learn submission, full submission to YOU.

All by YOUR GRACE and YOUR MERCY, through YOUR LOVE and YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS!

AMEN!

No comments: