Monday, September 8, 2014

We say we have no need

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;   I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.   So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:   I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.   Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev 3
*******

We say we have NO need.
We say we are spiritually rich enough and need nothing.
We don't even KNOW that we are WRETCHED.

SPIRITUALLY WRETCHED!

wretched- in a very unhappy or unfortunate state.

synonyms:        miserable, unhappy, sad, heartbroken, grief-stricken, sorrowful, sorry for oneself, distressed, desolate, devastated, despairing, disconsolate, downcast, dejected, crestfallen, cheerless, depressed, melancholy, morose, gloomy, mournful, doleful, dismal, forlorn, woebegone


We don't know we are MISERABLE!

SPIRITUALLY MISERABLE!

wretchedly unhappy or uncomfortable.
synonyms:        unhappy, sad, sorrowful, dejected, depressed, downcast, downhearted, down, despondent, disconsolate, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal, melancholy, woebegone, doleful, forlorn, heartbroken


We don't know we are POOR!

SPIRITUALLY POOR!

lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society.

synonyms:        poverty-stricken, penniless, moneyless, impoverished, low-income, necessitous, impecunious, indigent, needy, destitute, pauperized, unable to make ends meet


We don't know we are BLIND!

SPIRITUALLY BLIND!

unable to see; sightless.

synonyms:        sightless, unsighted, visually impaired, visionless, unseeing; More


We don't know we are NAKED!

SPIRITUALLY NAKED!

(of a person or part of the body) without clothes.

synonyms:        nude, bare, in the nude, stark naked, having nothing on, stripped, unclothed, undressed


We have to ask ourselves how can we not know when we are spiritually wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked? How? If these were physical we would know without a problem. In fact we often say we are feeling wretched, or miserable. We lament our poorness, and surely if we can't physically see we'd know what that means.  So how do we not recognize our spiritual state?

What makes us KNOW NOT?

More on this tomorrow by the grace of God.


All through the Heavenly Father's amazing LOVE by the mercy and sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments: