Thursday, June 11, 2015

The law- ordained by angels


Act 7:53  Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Psa 68:17  The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

Gal 3:19  Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

*

The law and angels.

The law was added because of transgressions- the ceremonial law. The ceremonies that pointed to forgiveness when one would break the moral law.  We know that sin is the transgression of the law. The moral laws were in existence before the world was created.  Adam and Eve couldn't have sinned without breaking the law- disobeying God, no longer putting God first, not having other Gods before Him, not taking His name in vain.  They disobeyed God and the unspoken moral law, the law that COULD be written on HEARTS.

2Co_3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart

Psa 40:8  I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

We were created with the law of God written on our hearts and when we transgressed that law in our hearts we were in need of salvation, to be saved from the sin we committed.

The law had to be written in stone as many years since sin began had hardened the hearts of the people so they no longer had that law written in their hearts.  With the moral law written on tablets of stone and set before them, their minds could witness those laws and comprehend their transgressions. They could recognize their need of a Savior. They could recognize that they could NOT save themselves!

Please Father in heaven, please help us to recognize our need and save us from ourselves and our sins! Create in us CLEAN hearts. Renew Your Spirit within us! Write Your laws on the tables of our HEART! Please LORD, please we would be YOURS saved by Grace!

In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: