Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Our Weapon, Our Light

So why don't we?

Why don't we quote scripture during our fights against temptation?  Is it because we aren't truly invested in the spiritual war? Is it because we want the prize without running the race? We want heaven without denying ourselves or even really looking at the cross waiting to be picked up.  We are wretched, we are poor, we are miserable, we are blind, we are naked, we are truly of Laodicea- the last church mentioned in Revelation.

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 
Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 
Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked

We don't quote the Word of God when we need to (which is often and every day- several times a day) because we believe we DON'T need to.  We've come to a place in our lives where quoting the scripture against spiritual attacks is foreign to us. In the back of our minds we believe only those who have gone off the deep end mentally would truly do such a thing.

We are wretched, we are miserable, we are poor, we are blind and we are naked.

We need-

Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 
Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 
Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 
Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 

We need Christ's righteousness, we need the faith of Christ, we need the Holy Spirit.  We need our Spiritual armor, we need to be protected, and we need our spiritual weapon.

Our need is great. The weapon of our warfare is lay down before us so easily.

A weapon that will light our way.

Psa_119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

With all our particular sins that so easily beset us- we can go to the Word and praying- seek to be shown the Words from the Word of God that we need in our spiritual fight.  We can find these words by the grace of God and wield them- praying constantly as we do. We must never forget that our Savior was in constant communication with God, the declared Father whom He was relying upon for all things.

Heb_12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

Joh_5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh_8:28  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Joh_10:30  I and my Father are one.

Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 
Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 

Our Savior can be in us-

Col_1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

Christ is our hope. Through Christ we - wretched as we are- continue to Hope In our HOPE!

In the name of our Savior, our Lord, Jesus Christ, now and forever!



No comments: