Sunday, November 13, 2016

Take off our blinders!

1Co_8:6  But to us there is but one God the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Col 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

1Co 15:31  I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 

Col_2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 
Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The above verses tell us this-

We are IN God and we are in Jesus Christ. We are to DIE daily. We are buried with Christ in baptism, and RAISED from the dead.  We war against the carnal flesh in us, we war against the SELF in us, we desire to be God's. We must CHOOSE with our soul-self, with our minds, with the only part of us that can choose- to serve the law of GOD.

An excerpt from ' The Spiritual Man--

'And once possessing God’s life, we then are empowered to periodically go through death and continue to come out alive. By continuously losing our soul life in death, we may continuously gain more abundantly and gloriously of God’s life in resurrection. God’s aim is to take our soul life through death in company with His Own life in us; whenever His life in us is resurrected in our daily experience our soul also is raised with Him and produces fruit to eternity. This is one of the most profound lessons in spiritual life. The Holy Spirit alone can unfold to us the necessity of death as well as that of resurrection. May the Spirit of revelation make us understand how much our spiritual experience shall suffer if we do not hate our natural life and deliver it to death. Only when our soul accompanied by God’s indwelling life passes through death and resurrection can we bear spiritual fruit and keep it for life eternal.'  The Spiritual Man- Watchman Nee

 We long to be followers of Christ, we desire to know the truths of our Savior. We want to LIVE in Christ. We want our daily life to be in Christ.  We can't just say we are Christ followers and not follow Christ. We have CHOICES to make, daily choices.  If we are NOT making these daily choices then we are not dying daily- our soul-self is NOT dying daily, our flesh is not dying daily.

Please Lord, help us to RECOGNIZE when we are not being Spirit  led!  Show us where we are to choose to be Spirit led over self led. Help us to lose the blindness we've embraced concerning our own lives and the wrong choices we make. Help us to comprehend putting our soul-self to death the part of it that would lead us and keep the spirit in us put down.

Please, Lord. All through Jesus Christ our LORD! Now and forever!

No comments: