Sunday, September 3, 2017

Endure Sound Doctrine.

2Ti 4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 
2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 
2Ti 4:5  But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 
2Ti 4:6  For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 
2Ti 4:7  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 
2Ti 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 

The time will come when people will NOT endure sound doctrine…but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears.

People will turn away from truth, from sound doctrine because it pleases them to follow things that are not of sound doctrine.  It's not that people will turn away from an outward show of truth, of Christianity, of putting on the appearance of being a Christ follower. People will appear true, for all intents and purposes they will be good Christians and it is NOT for us to judge any person's eternal life, not ever. However, we have to follow sound doctrine regardless of what every anyone else follows. Once we know truth we cannot deny that truth. We can't change truth to suit our own desires. We can't expect an easy go of things, can we?

FEW there be that find it….
MANY will say to me in that day…
NARROW is the way…
BROAD is the path…

Mat_7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 

Mat_7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat

We need to comprehend that the truth, the sound doctrine of the truth will not be popular with most people, God's word tells us this truth. Do we believe the truth?

May God help us know truth, to know sound doctrine, to now only know sound doctrine but follow that doctrine, believe that doctrine, teach that doctrine. All by the grace and will, the mercy and love of our SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD now and forever!

No comments: