Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Of God.

The truth is hard to hear. How often is this true in our lives? Someone wants to tell you the truth about something and it's prefaced with a pit of fear in our bellies. Why? Because we live in a world filled with so many facades people put on that it's unbelievable. We say what we think people want to hear. We act how we believe others expect us to act. We do all this and we think we're doing a good job of it and then someone says- Can I tell you the truth?  We want the truth, we do, but at the same time we want whatever that truth is to be something good to hear. We don't want truth that will cut us to the quick. We don't want truth that will hurt our feelings. We don't want truth that reveals our flaws.  If you're sitting there reading this and saying that, yes, you do want to hear all that then maybe it's just me, I don't know. We spend so much time putting on the different faces we want people to see, somehow saying we want truth seems at odds with that very real truth.  We wear different faces in different public settings. The faces we wear depends on the people we are exposed to. You go to the grocery store and the interaction you have there is different than when you go to a restaurant setting. You go to a party for a corporate event and then a private party, two different faces. You get home and hang up all the faces you wore through the day and then you put on your family face- and even then you may have a face you wear for spouse and children, and then another when you're just with your spouse and so on. Of course, again this could be just me.  I'm not saying I turn into a whole different person, I'm saying we have interactions with different people and situations and we adapt to them appropriately. 

Getting back to the truth and hearing the truth, we shy away from a lot of truth because it interferes with the lies we have accepted as our own personal truth. We have our own truth and it's a good truth, a truth that a lot of people believe in so it must be a good truth, a real truth, yet isn't that this same situation….

Joh 8:45  And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 

Jesus said that. Jesus was telling THE TRUTH, but not everyone wanted to hear the truth- they refused to believe the truth He had to tell. Why?

Joh 8:46  Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 
Joh 8:47  He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. 

They didn't want to hear the truth because they were NOT of God and yet they claimed to be God's chosen, they claimed they had all the truth, the REAL truth, the ONLY truth and yet there was God's only begotten Son telling them they weren't of God at all!

Those who do NOT want to hear truth truly are NOT OF GOD.

How many millions of people out there believe they are of God only they aren't?  We can't judge another's eternal life we just can't! We can know truth though. I'm not going to tell ANYONE they are not of God. Jesus can tell people they are not of God, but I cannot, I wouldn't dare. I can only pray and hope I am following all the truth that Jesus has for me and that others are too. 

The Biblical truth is that so many will not be of God, and many will believe they are- just like those in the days Jesus walked the earth.

May we be OF GOD.

All through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior now and forever!

No comments: