Sunday, June 7, 2020

May We Yield to God Seeking His Work In Us.

We yield-

 

-have mercy, blot out, wash me, cleanse me, purge me, make me, create in me, renew, cast me not, take not, restore, uphold me, deliver me, open thou.

 

We need God to do His work in us, and for God to do His work in us we must yield to Him and allow Him to have His way in our lives. Our transgressions come from a self-centered pursuit. We take our eyes off of God and focus them on ourselves. As soon as our eyes are upon ourselves we lose sight of God and need to turn our eyes back upon Him. Is it any wonder we are to wear the armor of God? With the armor of God on we cannot help but be constantly reminded of God, right? If you wear a uniform to go to work as soon as that uniform is put on you are reminded of where you are going and what you are doing. All day long as you do your job that uniform is a reminder to you. When you go home at night and take off your uniform you are no longer reminded of your work and generally do not have to concentrate upon your job, you are now on your own time, able to do your own business. With God as our way of life we need to be reminded of Him always, not just occasionally, not just during work hours, but always. A piece of jewelry a lot of people wear is a wedding ring. That ring is a constant reminder of their marriage. As a rule most people don't take off their wedding rings for much, and when they do it's not for very long if they can help it. The ring symbolizes the marriage to them and to all who see the ring.

 

We need to be remind of God always. God needs to be in all our ways.

 

When we lose sight of God, we endanger ourselves. We leave His protection.

 

Self-focus is not God-focus.

 

We all have sin tendencies, every single one of us without exception. We will never be without sin tendencies as long as we are living in this world prior to the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Sin tendencies are not sin. Learning to recognize the sin tendencies in ourselves before they are indulged in and transformed into actual sin is very necessary. Striving against sin- resisting unto blood- Heb_12:4. We recognize the sin tendency, and we are at war against that tendency towards sin.

 

If we choose to indulge the sin, we choose to separate ourselves from God.

 

Is it any wonder after David chose to indulge in the lust of adultery with Bathsheba, and even went so far as to have her husband in a position to be murdered, that the separation he felt from God was devastating?

 

Nathan the prophet went to David and told Him God knew everything, and that David's sins were great. By David's own mouth he'd condemned himself, knowing the things he'd done, the sins he'd indulged in were worthy of death. And David said to Nathan-

 

2Sa 12:13  And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD.

 

David recognized his sin and made no excuse for himself. David accepted by his own admission that his sin made him worthy of God's condemnation, of death. David sinned against God when he indulged in the sin of lust, and murder as a result of that lust. David's adultery led to his desire to take another man's life. David sinned as his eyes turned from God and towards himself.

 

David's repentance was genuine, the weight of his sin was felt, he despised himself. God in all righteousness could demand David's life. God had mercy on David and spared His life.

 

David prayed…

 

Psa 51:1  …Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 

Psa 51:2  Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 

Psa 51:3  For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 

Psa 51:4  Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 

Psa 51:5  Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 

Psa 51:6  Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 

Psa 51:7  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 

Psa 51:8  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 

Psa 51:9  Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 

Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 

Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 

Psa 51:12  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 

Psa 51:13  Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 

Psa 51:14  Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 

Psa 51:15  O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 

Psa 51:16  For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 

Psa 51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

 

This needs to be our prayer as well. We sin every time we pursue self over God. We need God ever before us.

 

May we yield to God seeking His work in us!

 

We yield. He has mercy, He blots out, He washes me, He cleanses me, He  purges me, He makes me, He creates in me, He renews me, He casts me not, He takes not, He restores, He upholds me, He delivers me, He opens.

 

May we put on the whole armor of God daily and never remove it, sleeping in the armor, living in the armor always and forever reminded of our God we serve.

 

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 

Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 

Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 

Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 

Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 

Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

 

 


No comments: