Friday, February 25, 2022

Remember,

 Remember- I remember. I remember many people through memories. Memories triggered by sight, sound, smells, touch, taste.  I see a cloud, I remember your love of clouds. You would have liked that example of remembrance. I hear a song and I remember your smile as it played when we were together. You would like that example of remembrance. I smell spaghetti sauce cooking, I remember your wonderful sauce, you would have liked that example of remembrance. I feel the softness of your fur and remember the unconditional devotion to me you had. Such a wonderful example of remembrance. I taste a sugar cookie and oh how the memories of you flood my mind. You would have liked that remembrance of you. So many things, so many people, so many leave the memories we cherish. 


I have no memory to cherish for any of my great, great grandparents, not one. I have nothing that I do that links me with their past as being a part of my life. I know of nothing they did that they passed to their children, my great grandparents to pass on to the future generations. I do have a few memories of my great grandparents and some things in my life that bring remembrance of at least one of them. Would they have wanted to be remembered by me, my great, great grandparents- my great, great, great grandparents? If I had grown up with traditions of remembrance that went way back into my family tree passed down from generation to generation- how wondrous that would be. Some people have this dating back many, many years. If they wanted to be remembered and then told their offspring to do something in remembrance, and that lasted through generation after generation- how amazing. 


We are told- Do this in remembrance of me. Not for any other reason but remembering Him, all of Him, only Him, everything about Him. Do this worthily. Do this believing. Do this with faith. Do this with the knowledge of why the blood had to be spilled, why the body had to be broken. Do this accepting the sacrifice. Do this in great solemness. Do this recognizing holiness. Do this knowing forgiveness. Do this in remembrance. Do this- never forget to do this. Never forget to remember Him!


 You can do this, I can do this, we need nothing but the bread, the wine. If we have no bread, no wine, we can do this with what we have rather than not doing it at all. We aren't to forget because we do not have. We were given food and drink as symbols we need food and drink to live, our food and drink consecrated simply by doing in remembrance of Him.  Make it hard, make it impossible, deprive yourselves in ways of remembrance He never intended -how utterly wrong! He came for the poor, the meek, the humble, the homeless, the sick… He would never want them to forget. He would never have wanted them to lament not being able to do this in remembrance of Him. Cry sacrilege! Cry foul! Cry blaspheme! He would be the first to understand- you Pharisee, you scribe, you of those who love to put Him out of reach for your own ceremonial laws, not His! 


Do this in remembrance of me, He said.


Take Eat. Sup With Him. Bread of Life. Word Made Flesh. Example- of the vine Jesus would not drink again from until He's with us in the Father's kingdom- Drink in remembrance. Flesh and blood- a sacrifice of both- example - remembrance. Do this in remembrance. Remember Jesus the Word made flesh. Remember Jesus the bread of life. Remember Jesus whose blood was spilled. Remember Jesus whose body was broken. Remember the Son of God Our SAVIOR!


Don't be LUKEWARM!


'And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.  So then because thou art LUKEWARM and neither cold nor hot, I will SPUE THEE OUT of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches'  Revelations 3:14-22


Faith (gold tried in fire), Christ's Righteousness (white raiment), Holy Spirit Guidance to Truth (eye salve) - we NEED THESE THINGS we need to seek them as if they were something we HAD to buy at all cost! They will be given to us freely, but our desire for them has to be such that we want them desperately!


We are being rebuked and chastened because we are LOVED by GOD!


We must REPENT! We must OPEN THE DOOR and LET CHRIST IN TO SUP WITH HIM AND HE WITH US!  And supping is eating the bread of life, the WORD of GOD! We must devour the WORD of GOD we have the privilege of having access to! We must feast on the WORD OF GOD every day for our very eternal life sake! DO NOT starve your eternal life away!


All through the glory of GOD and our LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, now and forever! Amen!!!!!!!


No comments: