Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In Christ Alone I Place My Trust

Psalms

{130:1} Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
{130:2} Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice
of my supplications.
{130:3} If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall
stand?
{130:4} But [there is] forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be
feared.
{130:5} I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I
hope.
{130:6} My soul [waiteth] for the Lord more than they that watch for
the morning: [I say, more than] they that watch for the morning.
{130:7} Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD [there is]
mercy, and with him [is] plenteous redemption.



I wait fot the Lord, my soul doth wait and in his word do I hope.


Waiting for the Lord. Hoping in His word.


Matthew {28:20} Teaching them to observe all things
whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you
alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.


Waiting for the Lord-
Jesus is with us always.


So if Jesus is with us alway, what are we waiting for? We're waiting for the new world promised by Jesus. The world without sin, without pain, without heartache.


Hebrews {9:28} So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;
and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second
time without sin unto salvation


Christ died bearing our sins, not a single sin of His own, but taking on all of our sins. He will come again and without any of our sins, bringing salvation to us that look for Him. We are looking for Him with hope. We are waiting for Him, hoping in the word that He's given us.


If we had this world with all its sin and pain to only look forward to then there is no hope at all. The only true hope lies with Christ Jesus, our Lord and Savior who died to save us for eternity with Him. Are we worthy? No, we're never worthy and we never can be worthy. The worth that deserves salvation is Christ's alone.


There is a song...


'In Christ alone I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory let it be said of me
My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone'


It's so true. Our hope is Christ alone. We can't have hope in ourselves because we'll fail ourselves, it's inevitable. Our hope has to be in Christ who alone will not fail us, Christ who has the victory already for us. He's our source of strength, our source of hope and when we fail to be as He'd have us be, we need to trust in Him to help us and anything we lack He will supply.


'Forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us'


Help us to forgive Lord.


Help us to forgive.


Ps. {7:1} O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust
Ps. {11:1} In the LORD put I my trust
Ps. {16:1} Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
Ps. {25:20} O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I
put my trust in thee.

Ps. {31:1} In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed:
deliver me in thy righteousness.
{31:2} Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong
rock, for an house of defence to save me.
{31:3} For thou [art] my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s
sake lead me, and guide me.
{31:4} Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for
thou [art] my strength.
{31:5} Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O
LORD God of truth.
{31:6} I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the
LORD.
{31:7} I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast
considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
{31:8} And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast
set my feet in a large room.
{31:9} Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is
consumed with grief, [yea,] my soul and my belly.
{31:10} For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my
strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are
consumed.
{31:11} I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among
my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see
me without fled from me.
{31:12} I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken
vessel.
{31:13} For I have heard the slander of many: fear [was] on every side:
while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take
away my life.
{31:14} But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou [art] my God.
{31:15} My times [are] in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine
enemies, and from them that persecute me.
{31:16} Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy
mercies’ sake.
{31:17} Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let
the wicked be ashamed, [and] let them be silent in the grave.
King James Bible Psalms Page 331
{31:18} Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous
things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
{31:19} [Oh] how great [is] thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for
them that fear thee; [which] thou hast wrought for them that
trust in thee before the sons of men!
{31:20} Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the
pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from
the strife of tongues.
{31:21} Blessed [be] the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous
kindness in a strong city.
{31:22} For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes:
nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I
cried unto thee.
{31:23} O love the LORD, all ye his saints: [for] the LORD preserveth
the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
{31:24} Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye
that hope in the LORD.

Ps. {56:3} What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
{56:4} In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I
will not fear what flesh can do unto me


Ps. {56:11} In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can
do unto me.


Ps. {71:1} In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to
confusion.
{71:2} Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline
thine ear unto me, and save me.
{71:3} Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually
resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou [art] my
rock and my fortress.
{71:4} Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the
hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
{71:5} For thou [art] my hope, O Lord GOD: [thou art] my trust from my
youth.
{71:6} By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that
took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise [shall be]
continually of thee.


Ps. {73:28} But [it is] good for me to draw near to God: I have put my
trust in the Lord GOD


Ps. {141:8} But mine eyes [are] unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my
trust; leave not my soul destitute.
{141:9} Keep me from the snares [which] they have laid for me, and the
gins of the workers of iniquity.
{141:10} Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal
escape.


Heb. {2:13} And again, I will
put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children
which God hath given me. {2:14} Forasmuch then as the
children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself
likewise took part of the same; that through death he might
destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
{2:15} And deliver them who through fear of death were all
their lifetime subject to bondage. {2:16} For verily he took
not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the
seed of Abraham. {2:17} Wherefore in all things it behoved
him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a
merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to
God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
{2:18} For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted,
he is able to succour them that are tempted

No comments: