Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life Now - Temporary to Eternity

A song...

It's a Christian rap song, probably not something a lot of people would listen to and all, and even the lyrics are a bit odd but read it through, please.

**

Separated, I cut myself clean
From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams
Been apprehended by a spiritual force
And a grace that replaced all the me I've divorced

I saw a man with tat on his big fat belly
It wiggled around like marmalade jelly
It took me a while to catch what it said
Cause I had to match the rhythm of his belly with my head
'Jesus Saves' is what it raved in a typical tattoo green
He stood on a box in the middle of the city
And claimed he had a dream

What will people think
When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do when they find that it's true
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguising the truth
[There ain't no disgusing the truth]
[I don't need to hide it... The truth]

Kamikaze, my death is gain
I've been marked by my Maker
A peculiar display
The high and lofty, they see me as weak
Cause I won't live and die for the power they seek

There was a man from the desert with naps in his head
The sand that he walked was also his bed
The words that he spoke made the people assume
There wasn't too much left in the upper room
With skins on his back and hair on his face
They thought he was strange by the locusts he ate
The Pharisees tripped when they heard him speak
Until the king took the head of this Jesus freak

What will people think
When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do when they find that it's true
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguising the truth

People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger
That my best friend was born in a manger
People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger
That my best friend was born in a manger

What will people think
When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do when they find that it's true
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguising the truth

What will people think
When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do when they find that it's true
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguising the truth

What will people think [What will people think]
What will people do [What will people do]
I don't really care [What else can I say]
There ain't no disguising the truth [Jesus is the way]


**

So true!

There ain't no disguising the truth!

There isn't.

You can choose not to believe the truth, you can turn from the truth, but the truth is bold and there in our faces as a reality. You ask someone what is the truth, and they might shrug and say 'I dunno.' Or they might come back with, 'Truth about what?' a logical question. So you answer and say, 'What is the truth about Jesus?' Now you might get a lot of replies to that, a lot of possible answers. 'How should I know?', 'Who cares?', 'He lived and died.', 'He's God's Son.', 'He's our savior.' Yes, there are a lot of answers to that question. The truth is...

Jesus is the truth, and that is the truth. There is no disguising that truth, that fact. Should we care what people think of us if we're living the truth? Should we care at all what they might think or say? No. If we have the truth in our lives there isn't any hiding it is there?

I like that verse in that song a lot- 'There ain't no disguising the truth'

We're almost to the end of our study of the word 'Truth' in the book of Psalms. Here's a whole chapter for the next little bit--

{145:1} I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
{145:2} Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
{145:3} Great [is] the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness [is] unsearchable.
{145:4} One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
{145:5} I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
{145:6} And [men] shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.
{145:7} They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
{145:8} The LORD [is] gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
{145:9} The LORD [is] good to all: and his tender mercies [are] over all his works.
{145:10} All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
{145:11} They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
{145:12} To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
{145:13} Thy kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion [endureth] throughout all generations.
{145:14} The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all [those that be] bowed down.
{145:15} The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
{145:16} Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
{145:17} The LORD [is] righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
{145:18} The LORD [is] nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
{145:19} He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
{145:20} The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
{145:21} My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

*
{145:18} The LORD [is] nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Call upon him in truth.

No matter our lives here and now we can be assured that God hears us when we call upon Him in truth.

If there is sincerity within us he knows it's there.

People scoff and say that God isn't helping all those innocent abused, so there can be no God. I say, we live for a different world. This isn't our final home, this isn't the world we live for. We are passing through this world on the way to the heavenly world to come when Jesus returns and takes us with him, those living in truth will go with him and those dead in the truth will rise to meet him in the air. This isn't our final home and with that as the outcome, the here and now suffering is ours for reasons we cannot begin to understand. The horrors of this life for so many are temporary no matter how long they last- 1, 2, 10, 50, years they are still temporary to eternity.

Easy for me to say, I'm not being tortured? Yes, easy for me to say.

But each individual endures a private torture. Seriously. Even people who seem happy-happy all the time might cry themselves to sleep every night. We can't begin to judge the pain people go through as they endure life where sin is bashing at them all the time. No one is exempt, not a single person. Some are called to endure a lot more physical torture, others more mental torture, others more emotional, and there are combinations of all of them as well. We can speculate about the atrocities of life and we can blame God for not being with those people if we want, but we can't even know that, not really.

Heartless? Hardly.

There is only love with God, an eternity of love.

If we are looking to find that perfection on earth now then we're not looking in the right place. The perfection of life will only come when Jesus returns. Happiness now? No. That can't be our goal, that can't be the standard we judge God with. Happiness and peace here and now, all good things right now are not feasible.

The truth is our Savior Jesus Christ and all He offers us which is life eternal in Him, in His love.

Maybe we should make it our mantra- Truth Jesus, happiness in heaven.

Happiness in heaven.

Jesus knew...

Phillipians {3:20} For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
{3:21} Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Eph. {1:3} Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ

Luke {18:22} Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Matthew {6:19} Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
{6:20} But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
{6:21} For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Treasures in heaven.

Can we put our 15 dollars of extra money in a heavenly bank? How about that diamond necklace? Is there a safety deposit box up there for that sort of thing? No. Why, because those treasures are not important.

Tell that to the poor woman who can't feed her children because she has no money here and now?

Alright, I will.

Maybe life here will be filled with horrors and trials beyond our imaginations, but we can't change that, not by much. People have lofty ideas of ridding the world of corruption and evils, poverty, abuse, and while it's not wrong to try and help those caught up in all that, seeking to make life here and now perfect isn't our ultimate calling. Our ultimate calling is heaven with Jesus. We need to live here and now trusting in Him no matter our circumstances, and I know... I know! I'm not the poor widow left with a babe in my arms and no roof over my head so it's easy for me to say that from my comfortable place where I have food for the taking and a roof with no leaks over my head. I can't deny I live a life of comfort where so many live lives of despair. Rich or poor, those who have a little or those who have a lot ultimately there is only one life we all should strive for and that's a life in the truth, and the truth is Jesus Christ.

Faith that stretches out and grasps Christ's hand no matter where we are, as we live for heaven with Him when He returns for us- dead or alive- he'll take us with Him. He's our heavenly treasure now and forever.

Call upon Jesus. Call upon Jesus. May God help us to call upon Jesus in truth, in the love that He personifies.

No comments: