Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lord Please Help Us

As I study the book of Revelation I can't help but go back to the beginning of the book for reassurance. There is so much in this book that seems so confusion. There is so much I have to rely upon historians and such to guide me that I can't help but wonder how it's all supposed to work. I want God to guide me. I want God to help me. I want the Holy Spirit enlightening me, opening my eyes, covering my eyes with the eyesalve bought from Jesus Himself so that I may see. I have to trust that the Lord will guide me and keep me in Him. I have to trust that all the knowledge that I'm meant to have, I will receive. I know I can't stop studying and seeking to understand and I won't. I just need to refresh my heart so to speak by turning back a few pages and reading something that cannot be misconstrued.


Revelation

...
The Revelation of Jesus Christ
which God gave unto him
to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass
and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John
Who bare record of the word of God
and of the testimony of Jesus Christ
and of all things that he saw.
Blessed is he that readeth
and they that hear the words of this prophecy
and keep those things which are written therein
for the time is at hand
...


Blessed be the name of the Lord, all praise and glory unto Him!


Blessed are we that read and hear the words of this prophecy!
Blessed are we that keep the things which are written therein!


We need to read, to listen to the words, and we need to keep them.


I may not understand a lot of what is written but that shouldn't prevent me from reading, from listening, and from keeping these words. I might keep them and one day the full understanding needed will come, where if I don't keep the words I have no hope of understanding.


Lord please help us, help me to read, to hear, to keep all the things written in you words of prophecy.


By the grace and mercy of our Lord and our Savior now and forever!


Amen.

No comments: