Saturday, May 15, 2010

Love His Appearing

2Timothy 4:8 (KJV) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.


We aren't given a crown of righteousness while here on earth but the crown is laid up for us and it's a crown the Lord, our righteous judge, will give to us.


1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.


Think about it... there are a countless number of people who put themselves through rigourous training to get a corruptible crown. Countless train all around the world to compete in competitions and in the end there is only one winner in each race. One person out of many that have put themselves through almost torturous training just to gain something that isn't eternal. How much more should we who want to win the ultimate race train to obtain the prize, the crown of Jesus' righteousness. No, I'm not condoning a work for salvation attitude at all, but a spiritual training- seeking Christ the author and finisher of our faith.


Lam 5:16 The crown is fallen from our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!


We have no crowns here and now, not one.


We can obtain a crown, we can be winners, victors in life all through Christ!


Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.


Promised to them that love him. Given unto ALL them also that love his appearing. Our love for the Lord has to be a real viable thing. Our love has to be something tangible to Him. Do we want the Lord to appear? The facts of the matter are that He will return and we who wish to be with Him will LOVE his appearing- not fear it, not loathe for it to happen, no dreading that day. The question was asked recently about how I'd feel about Christ's coming, am I ready for it and truthfully the answer to that is - I am ready but only by Christ's righteousness not because I've obtain some special place in my life that leaves me believing I'm sinless, God forbit that I ever believe I'm at that place. My Savior is my hope I'm not my own hope. Am I ready for Christ to return to take us home with Him- yes, as long as being ready means knowing it's by His amazing grace and righteousness, through His mercy and love that I can live with Him.


Come Lord Jesus, come Son of God, Son of Man, come Savior, come Messiah, come soon Your appearing is the only thing in life worth living for, nothing earthly, nothing corruptible gives us the hope of eternal life in love with You.


Amen.

No comments: