Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Psa 16:1 '...Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.'


Psa 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.


We can't preserve ourselves. We can make choices, in fact we make choices every single day of our lives. We make choices in big things and in little things. We choose our own steps. Even those who work under an exacting boss choose to work for that boss. All but slaves- those held captive by another- have choices and even slave have choices but they are very hard to make especially when being killed for disobedience is one of the choices. In the end we can't keep ourselves, the world is too wicked. We have to ask God to preserve us. We have to trust that God will preserve us. Our prayer needs to be 'Preserve me O God for in thee do I put my trust.'


With David, a beloved of God, we need to be satisfied when we wake in our Lord's likeness meaning... nothing on earth is going to be truly satisfying, nothing. Our satisfaction needs to come from the eternal and after we sleep in death we will wake in the likeness of our Savior upon His return for us. Right now as David sleeps the sleep of death he will be satisfied when he is raised from the dead with His Savior's likeness. And in truth we are raised incorruptible as our Lord is incorruptible. We are changed instantly and brought to a new life and that satisfaction is all any of us needs- life eternal in Christ our Lord and Savior, our God.


Can we say that... can we say we'll be satisfied when we wake with Christ's likeness? We are told to seek first the kingdom of God, and we truly need to do that...seek FIRST, not second, not third, not as an afterthought or once a week, but we need to seek first the kingdom of God and that kingdom is our Savior and His righteousness.


By the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior now and forever.


Amen.

No comments: