Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ever Learning- Never Knowing

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.


2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.


Ever learning.
Never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Imagine it. It'd be like running a race never to see the finish line. Like searching and never finding.


How can someone be ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of truth? People study all the time on subjects that they find fascinating. There are many subjects that contain such a wealth of knowledge it'd be impossible to learn it all and yet people study. If you had a goal in mind when you were studying, something particular you want to learn, you study until you've exhausted every possible means of finding your answer. If I want to bake the best possible cake in the world I might study recipes and techniques of famous cake bakers. If I want to plant the best rose garden I possibly can I might study gardening and famous gardeners and their techniques. If I want to learn of the truth as it is in Jesus I will study His word and I will find that truth. The Bible speaks plainly enough, it's not crouched in some cryptic message that needs deciphering by the most famous Hebrew and Greek scholars. So how is it that someone can learn and continue to learn but never come to know what they are trying to learn? Is their desire sincere? That has to be the first question asked. People study for all sorts of reasons and not all of them reasons conducive to learning the truth. Another question might be is the one professing to want to learn really seeking truth or are they learning for other purposes? Is the truth to them all fact with no spirit? How can one be ever learning and read this…

'Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. '


…and not realize that Jesus is the truth? They might have a head knowledge, but not a heart knowledge and they might learn but never fully comprehend, never fully discern what those words mean.


In the last day there will be many who are 'ever learning' but 'never able to come to the knowledge of truth.'


Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.


Grace and truth come by Jesus Christ. The law revealed the need for a Savior and Jesus is that Savior. Grace come through Jesus, the truth comes through Jesus.


Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.


Ever learning… yet they live in darkness, preferring darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil… everyone that doeth evil hateth light…never able to come to the knowledge of truth.


Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth


We must worship God in spirit and in truth. God cannot be worshipped by those who have no knowledge of the truth. God cannot be worshipped by those who will not worship Him in spirit.


Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.


We are made free through the truth and that truth is in Jesus' word. You can learn all you want of the Bible, learn all you want of the factual existence of Jesus but if you don't continue in Jesus' word, if you don't follow and believe in the words of Jesus you will never know the truth, never. You may be learned, but lost.


Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.



They could physically HEAR Jesus' words, but they couldn't comprehend what they were hearing, they couldn't understand His speech. Why? Why is it we can be learners and never know the truth? Because we can be of the devil. It's a hard fact, a true fact. Satan is the father of lies and there is NO truth in satan, none!


We can only know the truth if we are God's. If we cannot understand the truth of Jesus and His love it's because we are not of God, we are of the Devil. Make no mistake. There is no candy-coated truth here, just plain unadulterated truth. If you don't have the truth you are of Satan. You might not believe you are of Satan because you are a good person and don't worship Satan as one caught up in Devil worshipping, but you are of Satan just the same without all the pomp and circumstance of being a Devil worshipper. It's a fact that many don't want to consider, yet Jesus had NO trouble telling the truth of the matter to those that needed to hear it.


We cannot ever know the truth no matter how much we learn if we are not God's. We have to be God's and we can know the truth and that truth will set us free in Christ.


Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.


The Spirit of truth.


The world will NOT receive the Spirit of truth.


Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.


We will be guided into ALL truth by the Spirit of truth.


Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.


Sanctified through the truth!


Ever learning and never knowing the truth- the god-less! Those that God's are sanctified through the truth!


May we be God's fully, wholly God's! May we learn of the truth through the Spirit of truth. May we ever grow in knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ now and forever by His amazing love, through His righteousness, through His grace.


Make no mistake, the last days will be very perilous and Satan will stop at NOTHING to deceive all the people he can. We have to cling to Christ, our living Savior ever learning of Him in all truth, in the spirit by the Spirit of truth!


In Christ now and forever!

Amen.

No comments: