Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Why call ye me, Lord, Lord...

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?


You don't listen to me so why bother calling me your Lord? Seriously, we have to LISTEN to our Lord or He's NOT our Lord. It's really that simple, but we want to make it all complicated. We want to twist things so that people get all confused. There are thousands of religions and more and more growing each day, I'm not kidding. People who don't believe what the *big* churches are saying are branching off into their own little groups forming their own little churches with their own beliefs. What the bottom line really is, we have to listen to our Lord. We have to be followers of our Lord, true followers.


A true follower of someone believes in them, has faith in them, and will do what they say to do. We like to call that brain washing today don't we? We don't like people *following* people, or ideas that aren't mainstream. Every four years we have a presidential election and people choose to follow the candidate for president they like best and then begin to support them, even if it's with a single vote on election day, they are showing their support of that person- doing what that person wants them to do- vote for them. When a person follows something they are labeled. When a whole lot of people follow something it becomes acceptable. When a few people follow something it's more cultish and less acceptable.


Our Lord wants us to do the things He says- then we can call Him Lord, Lord.


We can find out what the Lord wants us to do by reading His word. We won't get a daily memo, we won't get a chore list, we won't get a telephone call, we're not going to be tweeted by the Lord. The Lord will not show up on facebook and post a personal message for you. We have to seek HIM.


Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:


We have to ask to know the will of the Lord. We have to seek to know the will of the Lord. Our heart's desire has to be to know the will of the Lord and when we know it, follow it.


Many people already know what the Lord would have them do.


Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?


Most people know what Jesus means when He says this… 'and do not the things which I say'. Most people know what those *things* are. We can't lie and say we don't know. We know. We've read about them. Pick up Your Bible and read one of the Gospels and you'll know. So if we do know, why don't we do the things Jesus says to do? Why?


Self often gets in the way of selflessness and therein lies a big part of our problem.


A lot of time, simply because I cannot say all the time, but a lot of time it's that simple to understand. Self gets in the way of selflessness and Jesus is selfless and wants us to be selfless. We are not selfless. One of our BIGGEST problems is selfishness, the world revolves around selfishness and it's often disguised as benevolence. A show of selflessness, but that's all it really is. We can deceive ourselves as well, many will be deceived. Many who think they are followers of our Lord really aren't followers at all. I know I talk about this a lot, but it must be something close to my heart- the fear of being among those who call out Lord, Lord and He turns to them and tells them He never knew them. God please forbid that from happening to me. I want to know my Lord! I want my Lord to know me! I want to be a true follower of my Lord and do as He says.


By His grace, by His love, through His mercy!!!! In HIS righteousness, now and forever!



Amen.

No comments: