Friday, December 21, 2012

Christian Love- God's Will Being Done, Not Ours

"The Proof Of Your Love"
by For King and Country

If I sing but don't have love
I waste my breath with every song
I bring an empty voice, a hollow noise
If I speak with a silver tongue
Convince a crowd but don't have love
I leave a bitter taste with every word I say

So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love

If I give
To a needy soul but don't have love then who is poor?
It seems all the poverty is found in me

So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
Oh, let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love

When it's all said and done
When we sing our final song
Only love remains
Only love remains

Let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love

Pasted from

*******

Love is sacrifice.

True or untrue?

Do we really equate love with sacrifice?  If I tell you that loving someone really means sacrificing your own selfishness for their good, would that sound pleasant to you? 

We really want love to mean that selfishly we are made to feel good by being with another. This is why when another comes along that is a little bit better at making us feel good it is so easy to choose to be with them and not someone who doesn't make us feel quite so good anymore.  We reason with ourselves that we'd much rather be with someone who strokes our egos and builds up our pride than another who reminds us we are not all that and we are in need of becoming selfless. Our selfishness wars against our becoming selfless, sometimes at great cost.

The song lyrics above talk of our loving being like Christ's love- love being a sacrifice as Christ's life revealed. He lived sacrificing of Himself and He died sacrificing Himself.

It is very true that if we do all manner of good and don't do it with LOVE - CHRIST'S LOVE- it means nothing.

1Co 13:3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Imagine- giving up everything you own to help the poor and it PROFITS NOTHING because the giving was done selfishly, the giving was done in order to obtain something in return. The giving was done begrudingly. The giving was done without any of CHRIST'S LOVE.

Imagine- sacrificing your own life, giving up your life to be burned alive and you do it selfishly hoping that act will gain you salvation, it is done in VAIN without CHRIST'S LOVE. Even giving up your own life will mean NOTHING without CHRISTIAN LOVE.

Psa_51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Rom_12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

1Pe_2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Love is truly sacrifice and sacrifice is surrender. 

There isn't a single thing we can do to warrant salvation.
Salvation is found in Christ alone because HE alone is LOVE and all love truly means.
We can only hope and pray that in our choice we choose to surrender to CHRIST to allow HIM to work in us, to live in us, to reveal His love through us. That every act of kindness, every act we commit towards others is an act that will reveal HIS LOVE, HIS POWER alive in US. CHRIST IN US.

Col 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28  Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus

Christian love.
A love of purpose.
An act of our will.
A conscious choice we make.

Christ prayed for the cup to be passed from Him.

Mat_26:39  And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

He did NOT want to suffer!
He made a conscious act of will choosing to do whatever His Father willed of Him. Not as HE WILLED but as HIS FATHER WILLED. 
Not as WE WILL, but AS GOD WILLS.
NOT OUR WILL BUT GOD'S WILL.

Christian Love.
Love revealing Christ.

All by the grace and mercy, the LOVE of CHRIST!
IN HIM ALWAYS!

No comments: