Monday, December 3, 2012

You can't truly love others without keeping the commandments of God.

1Jn 3:17  But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1Jn 3:19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jn 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jn 3:21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
1Jn 3:22  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23  And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Why is it people try to convince others that commandment keepers are different than those who do away with the commandments and focus on loving others?

You can't truly love others without keeping the commandments of God.

Love is the focal point of every commandment.

First is LOVE, because GOD IS LOVE.

All the commandments stem from LOVE.  But people don't want to see that, they'd much rather toss away the commandments that to them are restrictive.

Our Savior's commandment is to LOVE.

You cannot LOVE without truly recognizing the LOVE of God.

Some people say the moral commandments have been done away with, and they refuse to recognize the LOVE of GOD in them.

God knows, our Savior knows that if we keep HIS commandments we are LOVING as He would have us LOVE.

Can you keep the commandments and not love?  NOT if you are keeping them as GOD would have you keep them.  You can PRETEND to keep them just as you can pretend to LOVE God. You can deceive yourself into believing you are keeping them when you aren't keeping them at all.

Remember this-

1Co 13:1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1Jn 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

The same word- Charity and Love.

GOD is LOVE,  LOVE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL THINGS BECAUSE - GOD IS LOVE!

We have to have GOD. We have to be submitted to GOD. We have to be committed to GOD. IF we do NOT have GOD then all we do means NOTHING!

God suffers long- He's proven that throughout all history.
God is kind.
God envies not.
God does not vaunt Himself.
God is not puffed up.
God does not behave Himself unseemly.
God does not seek His own.
God is not easily provoked.
God thinks NO evil.
God bears all things.
God believes all things.
God hopes all things.
God endures all things.
God never fails.

1Jn 3:23  And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Joh_4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh_6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 14:14  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

The Spirit makes it all possible through our SAVIOR.

More on this tomorrow by the GRACE of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.

All in HIS LOVE.

No comments: