Thursday, December 20, 2012

Loved by Christian Love- 4 Strangers

Mat 19:19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Lev 19:18  Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Rom 13:9  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

Jas 2:8  If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well

CHRISTIAN LOVE.

I experienced this notably THREE times today. I say notably three times because in all actuality it was probably a lot more but these three times really stand out.

1st-  At the theme park today a woman worker there came up to my family out of the blue and asked if we wanted her to take our picture. Now before you say, 'That's not unusual'  it was unusual because the woman wasn't one of those theme park employees who get paid to take your picture and get you to buy those pictures before you leave the park. She held her hands out to take our camera and took two pictures of all four of us. She was overly nice, overly because we passed well over a hundred employees over the last 3 days and she was the only one who offered to do this and it just seemed very nice, very kind. (CHRISTIAN LOVE)

2nd- In the theme park restroom my daughter (using her electric scooter) went inside and I went to watch the scooter which carried quite a few of our belongings. Sitting on the scooter waiting for her I decided to maneuver it a bit to have it pointing towards the door. A woman walked in and with great concern asked if I needed any help. She didn't know me, I didn't know her and yet she offered her assistance to me. I politely thanked her and told her no, I was just waiting for my daughter who uses the scooter and she smiled.  There was NO REASON for that stranger to offer help to me and yet she did.  KINDNESS! (CHRISTIAN LOVE)

3rd-  Our car had the hiccups on the way home, no seriously, it had the hiccups and they kept causing the engine to stall. This is NOT conducive to moving along an interstate highway at 75mph. So we pulled off the road several times burped out car (opened the gas cap) and finally we made it off the highway to the nearest gas station- well almost. We were in the gas station entrance stalled and two people came rushing over to help us, offering to push us to the gas pumps. TWO TOTAL STRANGERS offering instant help to us! (CHRISTIAN LOVE)

Now, do I know for a fact this is Christian love? No, I don't because for all I know they could have been believers of no God at all. What I do know is they exhibited the kind of love my SAVIOR wants us as HIS followers to display. So while they might not have even known Christ as their Savior they were showing kindness to a stranger and that IS CHRISTIAN LOVE.  Does that mean they're saved even if they don't believe in Christ? No, of course not. It means that CHRISTIAN LOVE exists in a very real way and those who are displaying it are doing so naturally and our God will offer HIS love to them as to all and God alone knows whether or not they will accept HIS LOVE.

CHRISTIAN LOVE.

Have you experienced this lately?

Think about it for a little bit, go back through your day, through your week and see if you can't recall some unexpected kindnesses done to you.

CHRISTIAN LOVE.

A love that acts.
A love that gains nothing selfishly from the acts is commits.
A love that is a deliberate offering- a choice made.

We have the opportunity all the time to reveal Christian love, don't we? Yet how often do we pass up those opportunities for one reason or another? Does self get in the way of being selfless?

CHRISTIAN LOVE.

We must truly LOVE our neighbors.

I have been LOVED by my neighbors today, three notable times by four strangers.

Please God, help me to love others as you have shown me others love with YOUR love.

Thank you Lord for blessing me so richly today by letting my life be touched with such an outpouring of YOUR LOVE.

All in YOU my LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!

No comments: