Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Abiding in Christ

Is your Savior outside of you? I mean, is your Savior an integral internal part of you or an external part of you? Where is your Savior?

Physically we know that our Savior took on immortal, incorruptible flesh and went to heaven to sit at the right hand of God, interceding for us, advocating for us. Yet we are told this…

Col_1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

Christ in you- the hope of glory.

And this--

Joh_14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

And that leads us back to --

Joh 8:29  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

The Father never left Jesus alone.

Jesus told us this--

Joh 15:1  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.


We are to ABIDE in Christ.

Christ is the VINE and we are the BRANCHES, no branch can ever survive without a vine.

So how do we abide in Christ?

We are told, 'If you abide in me, and my words abide in you….'

We are told, 'the Father hath not left me alone for I do always those things that please him.'

We are told, 'ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.'

The words spoken to us.
Christ doing that which pleases God.

Do we KNOW the words Christ speaks to us?  Do we really know them?  We need to. We need to know all about the words of our Savior.  WE need the words of Christ to abide in us.  They need to be a part of our lives, right?

The words of Christ, Christ doing that which pleases the Father. These are the things we need to think on, to dwell on. These are the things that should govern our life. Do they?

By the grace and the will of our God, may we have the words of Christ and do the things that please God, as Christ only ever did the things that pleased God.


No comments: