Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Choosing

The question is--

Do we know how to please God?

Yesterday we looked up a few verses, today I'd like to go through them a bit, by the grace of God may we find any truth He would have us find.

Rom_8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God

Aren't we all in the flesh? We are, but we are at WAR with our own flesh nature.

Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

If we embrace our flesh nature, if we nurture our flesh nature, if we give in to the flesh nature we are living to the flesh. When we recognize that there IS a flesh nature that wars with our spirit nature then we are taking the first step toward comprehension that our FLESH cannot please God.  If our whole purpose is to please God and our flesh nature is contrary to pleasing God we have to propose NOT to live to our flesh. Is this easy, not by any means. Paul, an Apostle of God had this to say--

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

With our MINDS we MUST serve the law of GOD.
With our MINDS.

With our minds we have faith because with our minds we believe. We make a choice. We cannot make a choice without cognitive action. The choice to believe.

Jos_24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve

Choose.

You do not have a choice if something is automatically decided for you. If choice is taken away from you then what do you have? Forced action. Forced behavior. In our lives we learn very young that we have to make choices. A babe as young as a year old has begun to learn that their actions result in consequences- on a very basic level. By two years old a child had the basics down in making a choice. They try to do something that will harm themselves and are immediately scolded and told not to do that thing. They try again, and once more then are reprimanded. This happens several times until the child begins to comprehend that if they do that thing they will get the unpleasant reprimand. They learn not to touch outlets, not to bite, not to pull hair, not to throw food and much more, they are being taught the ways they are expected to behave and as time goes on they are taught more and more so they'll fit into our society.  The child learns they have choices to make on a daily basis.  When we are taught about our Spiritual choices we then have to make those choices.

We truly need to make the choice to believe, and put that choice into action.  When we make a choice there are follow through on that choice quite often.  If you choose to marry, you have a lot of other choices that will stem from that one choice.  When we choose to believe in God we are choosing to live to please God, and to please God we choose to live for the Spirit, not our flesh. When we fail to do this, we choose to repent and believe. We NEVER stop choosing to live for the Spirit no matter how often we may fail. 

More on all of this tomorrow, by the grace and mercy of our LORD.

May we learn to please God. May we live for the Spirit. May we surrender to our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!  All by HIS MERCY and GRACE, HIS LOVE!

Please.

No comments: