Tuesday, March 29, 2016

This, or That, There is No Other.

Joh 8:34  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35  And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Joh 8:37  I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38  I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:39  They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40  But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41  Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43  Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45  And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46  Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47  He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.


The Pursuit of God- by A.W. Tozer-  'Anyone who might feel reluctant to surrender his will to the will of
another should remember Jesus' words, "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

We must of necessity be servant to someone, either to God or to sin.

The sinner prides himself on his independence, completely overlooking the fact that he is the weak slave of the sins that rule his members. The man who surrenders to Christ exchanges a cruel slave driver for a kind and gentle Master whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light.'

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Servants to sin, or servants to God- WE CHOOSE.

There is no other choice.  Satan has disguised the sense of independent thought as being truly independent, but there is no such thing.  We were CREATED- subject to being created, never creating ourselves. We can serve our Creator or the Father of Lies, these are the only two choices we have in life. Satan has made great strides in getting mankind to believe they have other choices, they don't. They are deceived. Even as the Jewish hierarchy in Christ's day could not see their own blindness, could not fathom their own deafness- it existed.  Today is NO different. Men love darkness- the darkness of being blind, the darkness of being deaf because to realize the light means realizing their servitude to their Creator, realizing their need of Salvation from sin, from self-serving.  Man loves serving self in so many, many ways.

Please Father, please help us to continuously realize our subservience to You as an amazing, wondrous thing, please. You alone are everything, Creator! The Redeemer is Your only begotten Son, God in flesh, God with us.  Please Father we would be Yours! May Your will be done in us now and forever!

Amen!




No comments: