Monday, March 28, 2016

The Proof is in Our Choices

'For the world of fallen men does not honor God. Millions call themselves by His Name, it is true, and pay some token respect to Him, but a simple test will show how little He is really honored among them. Let the average man be put to the proof on the question of who is _above_, and his true position will be exposed. Let him be forced into making a choice between God and money, between God and men, between God and personal ambition, God and self, God and human love, and God will take second place every time. Those other things will be exalted above. However the man may protest, the proof is in the
choices he makes day after day throughout his life.'  --  The Pursuit of God    By A.W. Tozer

Jesus' words-

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

KNOWING CHRIST!

CHRIST KNOWING US!

LIVING CHRIST!

The proof is in the choices we make.

What choices do you make?

Have you EVER had to choose between God and another? Have you ever been placed in the positions mentioned above?  

' Let him be forced into making a choice between God and money, between God and men, between God and personal ambition, God and self, God and human love, and God will take second place every time.'

Have you ever had to choose?

I have to wonder how often we've been faced with the choice but don't even recognize it because we've conditioned ourselves to ignore it so we don't feel the guilt associated with not choosing God. 

How often have we told ourselves it's okay, God will understand?  I've done it, God forgive me, but I have. I'm prone to doing this because I think I'm unique for some idiotic reason.  I think I'm an exception and I go on to make all kinds of excuses, using Biblical figures to prove I'm just as infallible and messed up as they were, but I STILL WANT GOD!

The question is… do I want God more than I want my own selfish, self-serving ways?  Do I?

By the grace of my SAVIOR I will choose God over all! Only through His power will it be possible. I am so far from where I know I should be!

Please, Father, please teach me YOU.

All in Your love always!!!!!!

In the name of Jesus Christ my Savior, now and forever! Please!

AMEN.

No comments: