Sunday, March 20, 2016

Teach Me

Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness

Over and over again it becomes more apparent that our righteousness truly is as filthy rags.

Isa_64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags

My niece posted a video on facebook today reminding me of the very important truth that Christ alone can do away with our sins, our unrighteousness.  We can't rid ourselves of the sins in ourselves. We can only submit- over and over again- to Christ.

Daily we are reminded of our inability to be sinless.  Daily this reminder is needed maybe until we fully comprehend Christ as our Savior.  We say it, we believe it, but is it real in our lives?

Seeking first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness. I need to learn to do this. Please teach me, Lord, please teach me to seek Your kingdom first, to seek Your righteousness first. I keep looking at myself and my failures, my inabilities, my many, many shortcomings, my numerous failings, my fears and in doing this I'm taking my eyes of Christ where they belong!

Teach me, Lord, please, teach me!

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, our Savior! Now and forever…amen!

No comments: