Friday, January 27, 2017

Conscience objecting, conscience permitting.

Paul said- "I have lived before God in all good conscience up to this day” (Acts 23.1)

'Never does he do anything that his conscience objects to, nor does he ever permit one item to remain in his life which it condemns.'  The Spiritual Man - by Watchman Nee

Can we say the same? I know I can't and it fills me with sadness.  As I sit here writing this I know how often my conscience condemns me and my actions, and it's way too often.  I also know that I'm on a spiritual journey and this journey is something that isn't done in a day but a lifetime, an entire lifetime.

Satan would have us despair of salvation, barring that he would have us not believe in salvation at all. One of the many ways our adversary gets us to despair is by making us believe there is no hope for us, that we will never attain salvation through our Savior. Satan will turn our eyes upon ourselves and tell us that we are just too awful to be saved, that our hearts are forever filthy. What He's trying to convince us of really- is that Jesus doesn't have the power to save the filthy like us. We know that's a lie. The lie is so tempting to latch hold of in the light of our fallen, carnal, flesh nature rising up in us over and over again. Is it any wonder that we are to pick up a DAILY cross?

Maybe we are hearing our conscience through the Holy Spirit convicting us of many things- those we should do and those we shouldn't. Or maybe we've ignore it so long we have trouble hearing. We need to listen and act upon what we hear but how? By submitting to our Savior and letting Him work in us and never giving up, never. Our hope must be in Christ not in ourselves, not in the least bit and if the Lord needs to refine us over and over to get us to comprehend this truth, may He please, please do that in us, for us, for His will all through HIS love.

We continue our spiritual journey and by the grace of our Lord may we never ever cease to walk the path of His choosing!


No comments: