Saturday, January 4, 2020

Dedicated to God.


Mat 19:10  His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. 
Mat 19:11  But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. 
Mat_19:12  For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

1Co 7:32  But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: 
1Co 7:33  But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. 
1Co 7:34  There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 
1Co 7:35  And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction. 
1Co 7:36  But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry. 
1Co 7:37  Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well. 
1Co 7:38  So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better. 

For the Kingdom of Heaven's sake…

Ever since I can remember I always wanted to be married, to have babies, to have a family. Throughout the years occasionally the thought would come to me about what I would do if I never married. I can remember telling my father at my baptism by immersion that I was so glad he came to see me get baptized (he didn't commit himself to coming when I invited him). I was glad because if I never got married, this was like his attending my wedding. No, I wasn't under any delusion that I'd just married God through baptism, not in the slightest. The emphasis was on how important a day it was for me, and how glad I was he was there witnessing my choice to live for God. He saw me as I went under the water and rose up again to newness of life in Christ. The joy I felt was overwhelming. I couldn't stop smiling, I couldn't stop being thrilled to show outwardly my choice to live for God. I'm relating this story to mention that the thought was there- the possibility of my never marrying. Yet still, I desired marriage, prayed for marriage. Set my heart on various eligible men in the small church I belonged to- none of which desired me in any way. Can't say that I blame them, I've never been much of a 'catch' in the looks department and in the personality department either. I'm a strange one for sure.

Getting back to the study… 'some' would make themselves eunuchs- I'm assuming mentally and emotionally, not physically- for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake. These people would choose to give up the life of marriage so they could live for God only, and not have the responsibility, the duty of caring for a family. Their affection, their time would not be divided between family and God. They wouldn't have to make a choice ever for one over the other.

Being married I know all about having to make this choice many times and it is a very hard one, being pulled to please my husband or called to serve my God.  Truly, if one is CALLED to be so, if one can contain themselves, they are better off living solely for God. I've NEVER been one of those people and I never will be, at least not that I can imagine.

For the Kingdom of Heaven's sake…

Dedicating our lives to this end- married or not married is something we need to do. Having faith in the word of God, trusting in the words of our Savior, knowing the reality of the Kingdom of Heaven as something to be desired greatly, as a lifelong aspiration is paramount to living for God. The better world, the perfect world, the world without all the awfulness- this is our hope and it will never be found here on earth not until it is an earth cleansed by fire, purged of all sin by God and God alone. Christ is going to return, He promised and His promises never fail, He cannot lie. Christ is going to return and when He does, He is going to call all those who are His to meet Him in the air. The dead in Him will be called from their graves, those alive in Him will be changed from mortal to immortal and rise to meet Him in the air. We rise up to meet Him, and from there we are taken to the Kingdom of Heaven!

1Th 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 

Rev_20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.



No comments: