Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our love is manifested in our lives.

John
{14:15} If ye love me, keep my commandments.
{14:16} And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
{14:17} [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
{14:18} I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
{14:19} Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
{14:20} At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
{14:21} He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If you do this and as a result you do this, then I will do this and then he shall do this.
Sounds like a special deal doesn't it? A deal that we can make, a deal that we should make.
We should do that and as a result do that and then know that He will do that and that.


If we love Jesus we will keep His commandments. If we love Him and keep His commandments then Jesus will give another Comforter that will live with us forever. Forever.

Another comforter, another other than Him because He was going away to be with the Father. He was going away and yet He wasn't going to leave us without a comforter. The love of Jesus knows no bounds. He knew we'd need comfort, He knew that if we were comfortless we could not survive. We can't survive without Jesus, and He knew that. Jesus knew it because He couldn't survive without the Father. The Father in the Son, just like all of us that have loving parents carry part of them in us don't we? We hear it all the time- people owing their success to their parents, why? Because part of them is in them. The parents gave of themselves to their children molding and making them, instilling part of themselves into the children. No, it's not the exact same with God being in Jesus, the Father being in the Son, but in a very imperfect way it is an example to us.


When our children need us we do all we can to be there for them don't we? If we love them. Sometimes it's tough love, sometimes it doesn't have to be tough love, but our love for our children inspires us to help them. God's love for us inspires Him to help us. Jesus died for us. If we are worthy through Jesus of such a sacrifice then we are worthy to be counted as sons and daughters of God. God won't leave us comfortless.


The Spirit of truth... we can know the Spirit of truth because He lives within us. The world won't receive the Spirit of truth. The world doesn't recognize the need and will not receive the Comforter. We who know that we need the Comforter, we who know we need Jesus, we who know that if we love Him we will keep His commandments, it is us who know we need the Spirit of truth, who will receive Him into us.


Our love is manifested in our lives.


If you love someone it is manifested in your actions, in your live. If we love God it is the same. Love is a decision we make to act, it is not just an emotion. We choose to love, we choose our actions based on that love. May our love of God multiply, may our love for God guide all our actions, may our love of God have us choosing the right paths in Him. May we keep His commandments now and forever and ever by His grace and mercy with the Spirit of truth dwelling in us, comforting us in the way of the Lord.


Amen.

No comments: