Friday, April 17, 2015

Never hunger, never thirst- spiritually

Joh 6:35  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

*******

Jesus is the BREAD of LIFE.

What life?  Can Jesus promise us to never hunger or thirst right now? We all get thirsty and we all get hungry so this can't be the case.

Joh_6:31  Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
Joh_6:32  Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
Joh_6:33  For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:34  Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

Joh 6:53  Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54  Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55  For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56  He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57  As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Joh 6:58  This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Joh 6:60  Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
Joh 6:61  When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
Joh 6:62  What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Luk 22:15  And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
Luk 22:16  For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Luk 22:17  And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
Luk 22:18  For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
Luk 22:19  And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Luk 22:20  Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
Luk 22:21  But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

*******

Out of Jesus' belly shall flow rivers of living water.  Is this literal? No. In fact He goes on to say- 'spake he of the Spirit'.

Jesus told thousands of His followers that his flesh and  blood were life. He told them they had to eat His flesh and drink His blood.  His disciples told Him it was hard to understand.   And He answered saying this--

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The words that I speak-- are SPIRIT and they are LIFE.

Jesus did NOT take His REAL flesh and blood and make His disciples eat of it! NEVER!

He took BREAD and WINE and used them as symbols because HE knew mankind would need these symbols. He did NOT make the bread and wine His flesh and blood- He said they are SPIRIT and they are LIFE.  Just as living water did NOT flow from His belly - the SPIRIT- He spoke of the SPIRIT.

These are spiritual words, this is a spiritual message!

Joh 6:35  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

He is the bread and the wine- we shall not SPIRITUALLY go hungry, we will not SPIRITUALLY be thirsty.

When we symbolically eat bread and drink wine in the ritual Jesus gave us to specifically remember HIM, it wasn't with the intention of us believing we are physically eating and drinking Him, He never intended that, never.  He wanted us to focus on the SPIRITUAL life we must have with HIM, not the FLESH!

More on this tomorrow by the grace of GOD.

All in HIS LOVE!



No comments: