Monday, April 13, 2015

We must know our Gods

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Life eternal- knowing the only true God AND Jesus Christ.

Life eternal.

Our hope, our happiness, our ideas about life what are they?

Did you grow up knowing of God and Jesus Christ?  I did. My parents took me to church and I grew up know God and Jesus.  I wasn't automatically saved because I grew up knowing of God and Jesus. I wasn't automatically given eternal life because of my knowledge.  We can have a lot of knowledge and do nothing with it. We could hold a whole encyclopedia or wikipedia of knowledge in our minds and if we do NOTHING with it, what more is it than just that, knowledge? If we don't USE the knowledge we possess does it mean anything? If I knew how to start a fire from things I'd read and I was put in a position to need fire and I didn't use that knowledge , would that knowledge do me any good? No. I would need to use the knowledge.  When we have the knowledge of our Savior and know that in order to have eternal life we must be born again, we must believe,  and we do not believe, we cannot expect to have eternal life, can we? 

We can KNOW our God and Jesus Christ through HIS WORD. Through every commandment They give us we KNOW of Them!  We can KNOW our God, He's not made it impossible for us to KNOW HIM.

In the KNOWLEDGE of our Gods we DO find eternal life and the way of eternal life.

We must BELIEVE.

We must KNOW our Gods!

God the Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.

We must KNOW our Gods!

By the grace and mercy of our LORD and SAVIOR, Jesus Christ, may we KNOW our Gods!


Amen.

No comments: