Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Nothing Without the Father.

Joh 11:41 … And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 
Joh 11:42  And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jesus lifted His eyes heavenward.
Jesus spoke to His Father.
Jesus thanked His Father for hearing Him.
Jesus told His Father that He always knew that His Father could hear Him at all times, but He had to say this, had to do this because He wanted people to believe that truly the God they'd known all their lives from their childhood on up was the FATHER of the declared SON before them - walking, living, breathing, teaching, performing miracles in their presence. Jesus wanted those around Him to believe that God the Father sent Him to them. 

We might think they automatically should have accepted Him, but you have to remember- a lot of these people knew Him from boyhood, some knew His earthly parents and relatives. He looked just like a normal man of the time. Jesus prayed so they would believe He was God's Son.

Jesus didn't want them simply believing in Him as a man who could do miracles of His own accord. Jesus wanted the credit to go where it needed to go- HIS FATHER.  His Father heard Him and that was why the miracle occurred. If His Father hadn't heard Him there would have been NO miracle.

Joh_8:28  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

I do nothing of myself - He said.

What does Jesus do - NOTHING of HIMSELF!

Joh_5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me

The WILL of the FATHER.

Jesus COULD NOT and CANNOT do anything of HIMSELF!  So why do we ever imagine we of our own selves can do anything. 

No comments: