Thursday, February 13, 2020

Healing.


Luk 10:9  And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 

Healed then taught.

Healed. More and more as people around me, and I, myself, start to experience the pains of aging I think about healing. Not that I haven't thought about it before, I have a chronically ill daughter that I've longed to be healed of her many chronic illnesses for a long time. She was born premature and not just premature but a tiny premature. Let me explain- she was born 9 weeks early, though by her size it appeared she was born much earlier than that, all the fetal charts say 28 weeks and not 31 weeks. I wanted to dispute the 31, but I have a sonogram at six weeks where she is perfectly on track for the time frame given. So somewhere along the line my unborn baby girl stopped growing like she should and by the time she was born 9 1/2 weeks early, she was only as big as she should have been at 28 weeks. I'm sure all that had something to do with the many chronic illnesses she suffers so terribly with. So, yes, healing has been something constantly on my mind for loved ones. I suppose it is this way for most people though. We mostly all have extended family, and barring that at least friends even if they are only on the internet friends. The point being here the need for healing is a constant in our lives.

When Jesus ministered on earth for three years a very large part of that ministry was spent healing people. He gave his apostles the power to heal others as well. He taught them the need for fasting and praying for certain healing that wasn't easily done. There was talk as well about oil and healing.

Jas_5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord

Mar 6:12  And they went out, and preached that men should repent. 
Mar 6:13  And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them. 

Oil anointing, prayer, preaching repentance, all this goes hand in hand.

Jesus preached constantly as he healed.

Oh, to be able to take oil and preach repentance, and pray over those around me who are suffering so very terribly! Oh, for the healing of the many sicknesses, the many demon induced sicknesses, the emotional, the mental… we need healing!

If only I could heal the sick and tell them the kingdom of God is nigh to them. Let me rephrase that. If only GOD could heal the sick using me if needed in any capacity to help this happen just as He told the apostles to go and heal the sick and tell the people God is nigh to them.

God's grace is sufficient for me, I have to believe this and I have to pray, God help my unbelief.

Right now I long for special healing for my sister, Elizabeth and her daughter, Rayne-  and so many others. Lord please.


No comments: