Monday, February 10, 2020

Spiritual Savior Shepherd.

We are metaphorically sheep in need of shepherding and anyone who believes otherwise is deceived.

(CEV)  …our bodies return to the earth, and the life-giving breath returns to God.

The very breath in our lungs is given to us by God, when we die that breath returns to God.

If a person has trouble with the idea that they are dependent upon God, then they most assuredly do not believe in God. To believe in God is to comprehend His being our Heavenly Father. We have to comprehend that God is our Creator. We have to accept our position in the grand scheme of things when we believe in God.

We are metophorical sheep, and this is an amazing thing to be.

However, there are lost sheep. There are sheep that have gone astray. There are wandering sheep. There are sheep which stray from the fold.  The picture here is of a lone sheep which has wandered off. The analogy of human beings as sheep which go astray is fitting in the context of our having a Shepherd which seeks to find us and lead us back to the fold.

We are sheep in need of rescuing.

Mat_18:12  How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat_18:13  And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Psa 119:176  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments. 

Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way…

Joh 10:11  I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 
Joh 10:12  But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 
Joh 10:13  The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 
Joh 10:14  I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 
Joh 10:15  As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 
Joh 10:16  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 
Joh 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 
Joh 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. 

1Pe 2:25  For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd …

Straying sheep are in danger of losing their lives to predators, animal or people. Straying sheep are not under the protection of a shepherd. Straying sheep are also in danger of being injured with no help in sight to help them. These wandering sheep also risk losing a food/water source and thereby they may starve or die of thirst. A sheep is safest with a shepherd of that there can be no doubt at all.

We are safest with a Shepherd. Our spiritual Shepherd, Jesus Christ will protect our spiritual life. I emphasize the spiritual life part because too many point to God and condemn Him because bad things happen to them physically, mentally, emotionally. They hold the concept that Christ's protection as a Shepherd should mean we are kept safe in all ways.  How do we equate this with the numerous hardships that Paul and a lot of other disciples went through? They were closest to Jesus, if anyone were going to accuse Jesus of not being a very good shepherd it would one of them. They knew, as we need to know, that our eternal life is what our Savior Shepherd guards above all. Jesus came to preach the Kingdom of Heaven, not safety on earth here and now.

We need to be under the protection of our Spiritual Shepherd, without Him we are completely forever lost.

Please, Lord, we need You as our Good Shepherd -  help us live for you. Through all the hardships of life let us cling to You and Your promises that will come to pass. Let Your promises be our reality, Lord. Please! Let us be Yours!


No comments: