Friday, May 22, 2015

Adopted by God

Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

We are led by the Spirit of God. What does if mean to be Spirit led? It means surrendering self. It means BELIEVING in Jesus more than believing in ourselves. Seriously.  If our hope is only in ourselves and what we know of ourselves, we are truly hopeless. Comprehending our dependency is something we, or should I say, I don't do as I should. I can't speak for other people. In my imagination I believe there are very devout Christ followers, people a million times more devout than I am. I believe there are people who wake up in the morning and immediately go to their knees to surrender their lives to God, recognizing their true dependency upon Him for all things, recognizing that life without God is meaningless. I believe there are people who all day long are constantly reminded of their dependency upon God. I need to be one of these people and by the grace of God I will be.  I am still wretchedly filled with self.  I need to be LED of the Spirit of God, led and KNOW that I am being led. Recognizing my need to be LED rather than leading.

We will be sons of God as we are LED by the SPIRIT of GOD. SONS OF GOD! SONS!

Rom 8:15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The SPIRIT of ADOPTION!

We need this SPIRIT of ADOPTION! We need to be ADOPTED by GOD!

Too many people believe they are automatically God's.   The fact of the matter is, once we become old enough and that opportunity that comes to all who are capable of comprehension, to choose God we have to make that choice if we desire to be God's. We aren't automatically rolled over into being God's as we transition from the child innocence of salvation into the age of comprehension whatever that may be for each individual.  It comes to all of us. You can be assured that if you've reached adulthood it's happened to you. You've had to make the choice at some point in your life to be God's or not. There are only two choices. If we were all automatically God's we would not need to receive any Spirit of adoption.  Those who are born to the parents that raise them are not in need of adoption. We need to be adopted!

Rom 8:16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God

The Spirit with our spirit!

We are children of God.  By the grace of our Lord, we are children of God.


No comments: