Saturday, May 16, 2015

Forever Serving God in Our MInds

Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Recognizing the law of God as good is comprehending the spiritual. To love God is to love the Spiritual.

Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

SPIRITUAL.  The law is spiritual
Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual

The law is good. It is us who break the law.

Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Sin dwells in us, sin that we all know too well. We can't comprehend the sin in us. If we could choose wouldn't we rather be without sin?

Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

This is truth. We know what it's like to feel this way. All of us who believe in the Lord desire to obey Him and when He tells us to sin no more we want to obey Him but we are in this war of the flesh and spirit. We know there isn't anything good in us, we want there to be good, but we haven't a clue how to manage it.  That's exactly what this is saying and it's truth.

Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Sad but TRUTH!

Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

The war between the spirit and the flesh is alive and real in each of us.  We cannot use this verse to excuse ourselves from the sins we commit. We cannot claim it wasn't us because it is us that consents to the sin we are fighting against. When we consent to the sin, when we give into the temptation, we NEED TO REPENT, we CAN REPENT, we have a WAY to REPENT.

Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

TRUTH!

Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

With OUR MINDS we serve the LAW OF GOD.
With OUR FLESH we serve the LAW OF SIN.

The law in our members WARS against our mind and our ONLY hope is our LORD JESUS CHRIST, it is ONLY THROUGH HIM that we have HOPE. 

He is our hope when we have NO HOPE.  When despair would over take us we must have HOPE in our SAVIOR. He knows that we are flesh creatures that want to be His spiritual followers.  We seek forgiveness always, forgiveness only found in HIM.

We must live soberly, under the realization that we live in a spiritual/flesh war. It is a CONSTANT battle and to desire it to be anything but is to set ourselves up for failure. If we long to attain a goal of perfection of our own we will strive in vain. We must seek to be ever closer to our SAVIOR, so close we know we are known of Him. WE need to be known of Him and we won't be known of Him if we are too wrapped up in knowing ourselves.


Please Father, we would be YOURS!  In the name of YOUR SON, JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD now and forever AMEN!

No comments: